Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorsports Post topics for any "Work In Process" motorsports vehicles in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-13-2022, 06:50 AM   #31
Deathtrap
AF Regular

Re: Hasegawa Lancia Rally 037 Alen Kivimaki Tour de Corse 1984

Very nice job on the detailing.
Making your own springs is an easy and much appreciated addition.

Will you also be adding in brake lines?
Deathtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 12:50 PM   #32
corrrado
AF Regular

Thank you Jesus and Deathtrap. Jesus, you did a fantasticly realistic job on your Delta S4 as well, with all those crazy details, rivets and painting techniques. I am referencing your build big time! Both rearsuspension is done, now I start to install the gearbox/engine combo. I still need to verify some tubes and cables where to connect. It is hard to find original photos of the engine and other parts from 1984. Brakelines will be also added later
corrrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 07:38 AM   #33
Deathtrap
AF Regular

You are really adding so many cool things to this car. It is a true pleasure to look at.
I think I need to buy myself some of those nuts and bolts too. It is that tiny detail that makes it come to life.
Deathtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 02:49 PM   #34
corrrado
AF Regular

Thanks Deathtrap, certainly, those real metal details help to add some more realism to the model. I made some improvements on the interior, schratchbuilt the pedals, changed the center part of the steering wheel for a thinner photoetched one. Also added the fire extinguisher system, used Hobby design turned metal bottle with its fixing and trigger. I only added some hommade pressure-gauge decal. The copilot's footrest was covered with tissue to represent the kevlar material painted in black. Normally the footrests are made from perforated aluminium sheet but Lancia wanted to save weight even there. The inner door panels supposed to be plain kevlar - NO carbon-kevlar was used in this period of 1984 yet!!! To achieve the woven kevlar effect I put some Hansaplast bandage over the panels to represent the kevlar pattern.
Old 06-20-2022, 01:15 PM   #35
corrrado
AF Regular

Little progress of the interior, the Hansaplast bandage covered door panels were painted with Mr Hobby H34 with a drop of H47 to represent the Kevlar color. Than brushed two layers of matt cote to level the surface and have an even shine. Although the interior is all black, the kevlar and blue brings it alive a bit.The red/yellow seatbelts will also add some color to the interior hopefully
Old 06-20-2022, 04:02 PM   #36
Kaj45rpm
AF Regular

Fantastic improvements as you always do. The narrowed front end is so evident when you look at the real photos.
The Hansaplast looks to be great stuff. Very realistic for early Kevlar panels. Don't think we can get that stuff in the UK.
Kaj45rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 04:21 PM   #37
corrrado
AF Regular

Thank you Kaj45rpm! Yes the front needs some work to get it right but it is quite straightforward as I illustrated above. Not something too difficult. The only thing you need to make sure that everything is always aligned, the lightly scribed lines on the front is the way to go as they help a lot! I think you can get some similar bandage stuff in the UK, it is distributed under several different names as Hansaplast, Elastoplast or Leukoplast. The only thing is that it has to be the sensitive or fine one, so it can bend and stick easily around the ridges of the doorpanel. Even the color doesn't matter since you'll paint it kevlar color anyway
Old 06-21-2022, 08:58 AM   #38
Aimee 09
AF Newbie

Very good improvement you have done.
Aimee 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 01:14 PM   #39
corrrado
AF Regular

Thanks Aimee! Little advance in the engine bay, gearbox, fuel tanks and engine are fitted, started to put all the cables and hoses in place. Before assembly, I added some dust to the chassis to make it more realistic, since there was some rain in 1984 Tour de Corse according to the videos. Although it could have been more spectacular to use metal braided hydraulic tubes, I used Top Studio black hoses since my references show no sign of metal lines from 1984 at Lancia. Certainly, the Delta S4 had already all the hoses in metal
Old 07-01-2022, 01:44 AM   #40
JesusM
AF Enthusiast

Hi Corrado, you know I follow your process deeper and each update is better then the previous!! And how important is to use the panel liner or similar!!! I use each time more and more to give depth to everything!!
Amazing your work!!
JesusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 03:34 PM   #41
corrrado
AF Regular

Thank you Jesus! It is true that the Tamiya panel line accent, what I am using brings all those parts alive, giving them more depths. I brush the pieces with enamel thinner (AK odorless) before applying the panel line accent, so it dilutes better on the surfaces.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:41 PM   #42
JesusM
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrrado View Post
Thank you Jesus! It is true that the Tamiya panel line accent, what I am using brings all those parts alive, giving them more depths. I brush the pieces with enamel thinner (AK odorless) before applying the panel line accent, so it dilutes better on the surfaces.
I'll try it!!! Thanks!!
Old 07-05-2022, 02:08 PM   #43
corrrado
AF Regular

Little advance on the engine, I put some more wires and cables according to my references. I also glued in the airfilter which was covered with Bare Metel foil to give more diversity and aluminium look to it. There are some electronic parts which will be completely invisible under the air filter but I detailed it anyway.The exhaust was sprayed Tamiya TS30 as a base than sprayed with Alclad exhaust manifold at the edges and used Tamiya weathering master "D" over it to give some burnt effect. The weldings were repainted silver to give some contrast
Old 07-05-2022, 03:14 PM   #44
JesusM
AF Enthusiast

Well done!! Keep it in this way of detail!!
Old 08-04-2022, 02:16 PM   #45
corrrado
AF Regular

Thanks Jesus! Not much time for modeling but there is a little update on the Lancia, I received the front frame from GP Modeling. It was done by Claudio De Bellis and he did an exceptional work again! The details are spectacularly well executed! Thanks a lot Claudio! I removed the front frame what I scratched since the transkit is much more detailed and come with the hood tilting mechanism. I replaced only few things, the ball joints for the suspensions, made the the fiberglass oil cooler housing from styrene and tissue paper, replaced the liquid cans with transparent ones using GSW UV resin, added some wires in the engine room to replicate the corrugated hoses, added some steched sprue details here and there. I still need to add lots of details though but only after vacation

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports