Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 08:46 PM   #1
Truckzr4girlies
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Truckzr4girlies
Unhappy question about speeding ticket!!

Ok,i know one of you can answer my question,so please,if you can,do! Ok here goes....this is a very simple question,yet i've gotten a few different answers....ok today i let my boyfriend drive my car to take a friend somewhere....he got pulled over and issued a speeding ticket for going 44 in a 25 (neighborhood zone...) since he was in MY car,will HIS ticket go on MY insurance? it is vital that my parents not find out about this,as he isnt supposed to be driving my car anyways...so i need to know if this will get back to them in any way. also,i've been told that officers are not allowed to be 'hidden,' and according to my boyfriend and our friend in the car at the time,this certain officer was parked in practically in someone's driveway on the other side of a truck. is this even legal??please help!!
Truckzr4girlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 07:08 PM   #2
damo1600
AF Newbie

Re: question about speeding ticket!!

whatb state\province do you live in?
damo1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:21 PM   #3
greasyhog
AF Premium User

In ohio it used to be illegal for cops to hide with lights off at night but now it is legal (its called entrapment). Just depends on where you live. Now the speeding ticket. Things like that tend to follow the person who owns the car, not who is driving. One spedeing ticket should make your insure go up unless you have had a few in the past.
greasyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 05:07 PM   #4
ReAl_RaCiNg
AF Newbie

ok,
first of all, the ticket should go to him. he was driving, what would be the point of the ticket going to your insurance. That's why they issue the ticket to him, and why they look at his driver's license. Second of all, all that stuff about entrapment, is a lie. It is perfectly legal for cops to hide behind trucks, bushes, and yes, even with their lights out at night. That whole thing about cops not being able to hide at night with their lights out is a myth. I don't know where it got started, but don't believe it. I asked a cop about that one to get the truth.
ReAl_RaCiNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 01:52 PM   #5
rwood13
AF Enthusiast

your insurance should not find out, scared you though, now learn, what if while he was doing 44 through a neighboorhood in your car a child ran into the street, not enough time to stop, splat, got a little brother or sister? think about it and the insurance and parents would have found out about that one, don't let him us your car
rwood13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 06:22 PM   #6
Stevusc
AF Newbie

good luck
Stevusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 12:59 PM   #7
Lucky25
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckzr4girlies
Ok,i know one of you can answer my question,so please,if you can,do! Ok here goes....this is a very simple question,yet i've gotten a few different answers....ok today i let my boyfriend drive my car to take a friend somewhere....he got pulled over and issued a speeding ticket for going 44 in a 25 (neighborhood zone...) since he was in MY car,will HIS ticket go on MY insurance? it is vital that my parents not find out about this,as he isnt supposed to be driving my car anyways...so i need to know if this will get back to them in any way. also,i've been told that officers are not allowed to be 'hidden,' and according to my boyfriend and our friend in the car at the time,this certain officer was parked in practically in someone's driveway on the other side of a truck. is this even legal??please help!!

This has happened to me as well and the ticket is written up with the cars information but under the individuals liscense number. Therefore when the processor puts the ticket through it goes under the liscence number. It is not the car that gets the speeding ticket it is the individual.
Lucky25 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk