Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
pokerman11
AF Newbie

A/C compresser working and preassue in range but no cold air

08 Caravan.

A/C not working it’s still winter but the wife tried to run it as it was 70 yesterday and no cold air. Put the controls all on “Low” for front/passenger and back.

I put my gauges on – they show everything within range. Low side cycles between 20-40lbs and the high side 200-300. I hear the compressor running and the pressures on the gauges cycle – just no cold air.

If I put my hand on the low side (near where i attach the gauge) it is warm.

Is there a calibration routine I can run? Or does anybody else have suggestions?
pokerman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
Cntrysthbst
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Cntrysthbst
Re: A/C compresser working and preassue in range but no cold air

there are so many of these 08 to 10 that have various ac problems, there are some TSB but its not free to fix unless you have the warranty.

does your blower work? like does it blow fast on high speed? (high/medium/low) if it does, can you manually change the vent output to vent, floor, windshield, etc., and have air come from the vents you selected? if so, can you select front vents on high and slowly change the temp setting from hot to cold? do you notice a difference? is your cabin filter somewhat breathable? also if you have rear ac/heat, do the same in the back. maybe can point in right direction with post back on above questions...
Cntrysthbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
pokerman11
AF Newbie

Re: A/C compresser working and pressure in range but no cold air

TSB - "Technical service bulletin? - just guessing but seems right
The blowers work fine for heat in the front and back and I can direct the air wherever needed. The real telling story is that the low side hose is NOT cold. I friend told me there is a valve in the system and suspects it is related to that valve, that is stuck closed.

I do have the extended lifetime warranty, but in that warranty they seem to have done a good job excluding everything of the things that really do go wrong, but I got to believe that this is covered.

It is just that it is very difficult for me to get to a dealership (like an hour away), but also today just got another recall on it related to occupant restraint controller, that can cause airbag deployment – so will run this into the dealer.
pokerman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
Cntrysthbst
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Cntrysthbst
Re: A/C compresser working and preassue in range but no cold air

the other questions ruled out the head unit which has had problems, and the vent controllers. i did see something about one of the ac lines having and issue and the TSB is about that specifically. i will try to find and post back tonight. better info you know going to the dealer, the better...
Cntrysthbst is offline   Reply With Quote