Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Completed Projects / Gallery Post all completed works in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-31-2020, 07:38 AM   #1
GvEman
AF Enthusiast

Toyota Supra JGTC inspired, JUN Akira Supra

I built this car since i as a teenager fell in love with its brutal power slide on Tsukuba circuit. It managed to make a best lap time of 1’01”795 which is fast, especially back when they did it. The original Akina Supra was a stock body Supra with JUN’s own body kit. And around 800hp if I remember correctly.

I built it out of a JGTC,Japanese GT championship, Supra from Tamiya.

I ended up building this as a what if JUN would have competed in JGTC, after some research I found out they did compete in JGTC in ‘95-96 with a R32 skyline GTR with bad results. Probably due to no factory backing and a engine swap for a inline 4 engine. So this is more like a pre season testing for the 1997 season if they would have went with a Supra for continuation in the series. I made the Livery to look close to what can be seen in the best motoring clip but with a few more sponsors, therefore it would be a Pre season testing livery.

These cars also raced in Lemans under the Sard racing team banner with minor modifications. Toyota never made any good results in Europe with this chassis where they decided to make a new effort with a purpose built racer, the GT1.

I made it as a fun quick build to get me started in the hobby again. Painting has always been my weak point and where I always gave up, and allot of lessons learned on this Supra. The first paint job was done with a generic rattle can with a bad result. Second paint job was done with model master acrylics and a Aztek gun, which is for sale now due to inconsistent results. Trim was shot with my cheap gun and Zero paints with a better result.

I ended up building this as a what if JUN would have competed in JGTC, after some research I found out they did compete in JGTC in ‘95-96 with a R32 skyline GTR with bad results. Probably due to no factory backing and a engine swap for a inline 4 engine. So this is more like a pre season testing for the 1997 season if they would have went for a Supra for continuation in the series. Pre season testing since they don’t have al the sponsorship decals on.

These cars also raced in Lemans under the Sard racing team banner with minor modifications. Toyota never made any good results in Europe with this chassis where they decided to make a new effort with a purpose built racer, the GT1.

And the Original:

Build thread: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/t...tribute-build/

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery