Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Chaser
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 03:40 AM   #16
rivalbro
AF Newbie

ok, someone out of jealousy stole my exhaust tip, it was a custom one, so today I went and got a branded 4.5" exaust system done, the brand is Riker, made in USA, it cost me some money but its good, i feel more power to the car, now my car looks like its the turbo one, and many people even think i got the 2jz-gte under the hood, nice for my reputation hehe.
rivalbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 06:35 PM   #17
jz-x
AF Regular

Ya i noticed the tip it was looking bad....did you do re-paint to the car the white looked new to me??.....
Old 04-20-2005, 03:50 AM   #18
rivalbro
AF Newbie

Re: My Mark II 2JZ-GE

i did'nt repaint anythin, well now no use of talkin bout the car, its gone, cancelled, i had an accident on hamriya roundabout 2 days ago at night, da engine split in half, so longn mark!!!
Old 04-21-2005, 11:16 AM   #19
jz-x
AF Regular

wow cancelled thats bad news....so do the insurance cover you or just it's gone...will you buy another markII???????????
Old 04-21-2005, 02:29 PM   #20
rivalbro
AF Newbie

insurance didn't give me full coverage from the begginnin cuz of the car being a '93 model, i will not get anything now from the insurance, i had to pay the insurance though for the damage of govt. property, now just have to save up for my next wonder, don't know what its gonna be, but this time I got my eyes on American Muscle like a mustang or a camaro, but there still is on Mark II waiting for me with my friend, I will decide when I'm in power, I got the accident pix but my infrared is gone so i cannot transfer them to the pc, I'll try bluetooth oneday.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:16 AM   #21
jz-x
AF Regular

well you will get other MARKII better than getting these stangs which parts so expensive and hard to get i dont say that bcoz am against it.....How about the rims are they ok if they are in good condition mybe i will but them from you.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:48 AM   #22
nitrous36
AF Regular

Everytime I look at your cars I keep saying you lucky bastards. For the time being Im looking at a Lexus IS300 or Subie Legacy 2.5 GT as substitute until I can import a MarkII legally. Should I go lexus or subaru? The 2.5 GT is faster stock.
nitrous36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 07:56 AM   #23
rivalbro
AF Newbie

hey

sorry jzx, i did'nt notice your reply, the 3 rims are in good condition but one is completely out, so i guess no point.

nitrous, i say go for the Lexus, its more rice stock than the "Subie", and you can make it more fast than the 2.5, and chicks dig Lexus more than a Subaru, it has a personality of its own, I say go for Lexus, meantime, I'm going for my true dream, Camaro!
Old 05-20-2005, 03:45 PM   #24
nitrous36
AF Regular

What year Camaros are you looking into? My brother had a 92 RS Camaro since his 626 was total last year but now he just traded it in for a 02 Accord SE. Your MarkII was totaled? If you can and gas was not an issue you should look at an SS Camaro.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:02 PM   #25
rivalbro
AF Newbie

I am looking AT a 2000 Z28 Camaro, already found it, gas is never an issue for me, if God gives me the car, he will for sure give me gas, hehe. Yea the Mark II was totalled, sad and Camaro SS is quite hard to find here, the one I am looking at is very nice and clean, just have to close the deal with the guys. But still thinking about getting it or not. Will see what happens and keep you guys updated.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:22 PM   #26
nitrous36
AF Regular

About the cars I mentioned earlier the subaru is the second car I plan to get later on. I will be getting my first car this summer. I might be getting a 00 Mustang with the 3.8L V6. I postponed my plans for my second car because I decided to buy a motorcycle first because its cheaper and I can afford it sooner than I could another car 2 years later. Do you guys have to import American cars like most JDM cars or were they already manufactured there? The Camaro is a nice car but unfortunately GM pulled the plug on it in 02. But the good news is that the parts and the cars are still widely available.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:49 AM   #27
rivalbro
AF Newbie

we dont have to import the smerican cars like jdm's but well we buy it from here from the showrooms, they're not manufactured here, and some people do import them directly from the US, my cousin imported a 95 mustang gt convertible from the US, the only difference i saw was the speedometers, which were in miles, we have kilometers. they say if we import American cars frm US, they are a lot stronger, but in my opinion, 5.7 litre is strong enough for me i guess, just going to think about changing the transmission to manual after getting it. The spare parts are a little hard to find here for the US cars and not many people know how to repair them, really strong built cars but should be maintained well, and the one I'm looking at, had only one owner, really sweet.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:33 AM   #28
nitrous36
AF Regular

The part are still plentiful and available here in the U.S. So if you need anything you could order from a company here that ships international. But if anything brakes on your car you could take the opportunity to replace it with a better after market part. And you could swap in a LS1 crate engine. I dont no about the Z28s but the SS is tricky. The engine comes out from under the chassis.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:13 PM   #29
rivalbro
AF Newbie

z28 and ss have the same chassis, so the engines would be sitting at the same place, in the chassis like you said, actually if you look under the hood of a camaro, its completely different from an american car like a mustang, the engine sits like the bmw's, strange for me, the car has so many legendary things that it makes it more precious to me every time i talk about it. I went to look at it again, I have actually booked the car I'm just waiting for the cash so I can pay them and get the delivery, its so sweeeet, they have changed the headlights though because they said the old ones went yellow, and the new lights are "angel lights", really awesome. with chrome rims, really really sweet looking camaro.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:41 AM   #30
nitrous36
AF Regular

Cool cant wait to see it. It sucks your markII was totaled. But please wreck no more chasers or there will not be any when I can get one.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Chaser