Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Chaser
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 06:21 AM   #1
jz-x
AF Regular

My Mark II Tourer V

[img][img]d:\my Car\dsci0006.jpg[/img][/img]
Old 01-29-2005, 12:16 PM   #2
nitrous36
AF Regular

The image doesnt work. But the Mark II Tourer V is one nice car. Thats one of the cars I want to import. But we cant import them here (and many other Euro/JDM cars) because of strengent difficult NHTSA, DOT, and EPA regulations and restrictions. But there is a 25 year rule that excempts any car 25 years or older from import restrictions and having to comply with U.S. standards. So with the 25 year rule in place I will be able to get one in 12 years in 2017 when its 25 years old. The law is only 15 years in Canada. In Canada Id be able to get one in 2 years. Thats ten years sooner than I can get one here. I wish I lived in Canada. A lot of people here import the 1JZ-GTE engine and put them in their older MkIII supras and SC300/400s. Thats one hell of a engine.
nitrous36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 02:14 PM   #3
jz-x
AF Regular

Re: My Mark II Tourer V

Old 01-31-2005, 02:27 PM   #4
jz-x
AF Regular

Old 02-01-2005, 09:30 AM   #5
nitrous36
AF Regular

Nice pics. I can see in the top one you had it converted to left hand drive as reguired in your country. Just curious but have you ever played Granturismo(the first one).
Old 02-01-2005, 11:45 AM   #6
jz-x
AF Regular

Thanks man,this converstion costed lot money but in the end am happy with the look (mybe i should take a pic for the interior) the converstion costed me around 1500$.It come with TRD racing springs,HKS turbo timer and i installed HKS catback muffler 2.5".
Old 02-01-2005, 11:52 AM   #7
jz-x
AF Regular

YA i have played Gran Turismo 1 ps1 and i have the ps2 one also. this game the only racing game that i can say all time my favorite.Am sure you wanna ask about the chaser!!! all i can say it's hard to control and burns so much when yuo modify it. LOL .
Old 02-01-2005, 07:29 PM   #8
nitrous36
AF Regular

Yeah I wanted to know if you drove the chaser in Granturismo and if it sounded and handled the same way as the real thing. Just want to know how accurate the game is. And how close it was in sound and performance with the cars. Luckily your car is in the game so you can compare. Granturismo is the best driving game and no other game comes closer in simulation. Need For Speed use to be good and they went all arcade. NFS once got the props Gran Turismo gets. Oh yeah as for the skyline forum and the U.S. MotoRex the company that could import and legalize Skylines for the U.S. is going out of bussiness. Thats good because if someone else continues where Motorex lelf off there is a chance they might not charge the ass raping prices motorex did to legalize them. But that can be bad because if no one else takes motorex place we may never get another skyline in the states again. There is a rumor that RBmotoring who worked close with MotoRex may be taking their place.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:06 AM   #9
rivalbro
AF Newbie

you're in Oman

hey jz-x, I've seen your car on the road, nice ride with all the tints, I also live in the same country bro, and also have a Mark II, I wonder if you've ever seen it though, its pearl white colour, but with a 2JZ-GE non turbo 3.0 engine and 16" Huff Rims, I've sent it to Sharjah now to my relative's garage to get it turboed if possible, now its been 2 months its there, its coming back this week so I will see the results. Peace.
rivalbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 01:08 PM   #10
jzx90t
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to jzx90t Send a message via Yahoo to jzx90t

hey I'm from Australia and I also own a Mark II Tourer V.The best buy Ive ever made.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:51 AM   #11
momo7
AF Newbie

Hi Friends, anybody from Dubai who owns MArk II Tourer V JZX100 twin turbo 1996 - later model. I will buy that car if you have. Thanks for all other friends from other countries for being very informative. I was fond of the car, till now I am. from all the posts, that's so positive. Thks. my e-mail: am.smart@yahoo.ca.
momo7 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Chaser