Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!
Street/Track Racing Stories! Beat any Mustangs today? Tell everyone about what your Honda can do! (Keep it clean)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 10:52 PM   #1
Rating
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Rating
94 Integra Turbo Vs VW GTI

Ok if you read my first story then you already know how I get setup with a fixed race. The weekend after the Trans Am there was yet another race setup without my knowledge, and you know its kinda funny how I never know till I get to the meeting spot. Well as you prolly already figured out it was My Turbo Integra Vs The VW GTI.

Now im running 7lbs of boost with some other mods which I do not release public. Not yet anyways. And the VW GTI was running 14lbs of boost which obviously im only running half of what he is, and many of you know thats a hell of alot more boost.

Anyways the race was setup down a new road which runs straight to a coldasack <-- "Donno if thats right". And the road being new and the start point being at the coldasack. Which is filled with sand on one side and clean on the other, it was chosen that i would start in the dirt and he would get the good side. How that happened I have no clue. So not wanting to back out and be a puss I accepted.

So we are flaged and the race has begun, I jump out in front and the slip second I start taking off from him my car starts to sway back and forth across the road. Trying to control my car i forget to change into second and im running about 8k Rpms. I get in control and slam into second, looking ahead the GTI is already at the finish and im just breaking the 20 foot mark.

Well wanting to run again like I did the TA, the GTI Refuses. I explained that they started me off in the sand and if we moved up a little I would get a better start and the race might look a little bit better on my part.
Since the the GTI backed down a guy with a 90-93 Integra Built to the max B16 which as beatin the GTI in a previous race challenges me with a clean start.

So we lined got flagged and the race had begun. Both neck and neck until midway down to our marker I slammed into 3rd and started pulling away from the teg I Won but not by much, I was hanging on by a thread. Now You Guy will have to wait a while for some new Street Racing Stories because the Turbo Integra is sitting in my driveway waiting on its new Motor Mounts. If you wannt know the story on how i ripped my stock mounts Post Saying You Want to hear the 94 Integra Turbo Vs Mustang Gt Interstate Run.

Im not proud of my car because its fast, Im proud of it be cause I built it that way.
Rating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:24 AM   #2
megaman277
AF Enthusiast

Re: 94 Integra Turbo Vs VW GTI

its funny how u have titles for these runs...but one thing u should always remember is that u shouldnt take a run you dont feel comfortable with, cause u shouldnt have started in the sand, and now that guy is gonna go around saying yeah i beat you even though the race wasnt fair on both parts...but then again hes a puss for backing down the secodn time!

"live to race...race to live"
megaman277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 11:12 AM   #3
Rating
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, he cant brag much though because I beat the Integra that he couldnt touch. Everyone saw it and once we got back to the meeting place, most people looked at me like they didnt know what was going on and how I couldnt beat the GTI but beat the Teg. But instead of giving excuses to them Ill end up running the GTI again one day.

Im not proud of my car because its fast, Im proud of it be cause I built it that way.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:02 PM   #4
mason_RsX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to mason_RsX
Backing down on the second race was real gutless...but 14lbs of boost is definately not... second race was a nice kill...very driver oriented, shows u got skills... I would suggest if you see this guy around, keep challenging him, he will eventually race you again.

2002 Acura RSX Type-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGNAL748
I have an outrageously large penis.
mason_RsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:46 PM   #5
Rating
AF Enthusiast

yeah maybe ill catch him at a stop light

Old 08-11-2004, 03:17 PM   #6
Dr.Gonzo
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Dr.Gonzo Send a message via Yahoo to Dr.Gonzo

Yeah that is gutless if the Dub driver had faith in his GTI he would have done it again. Was his car modded? FMIC,Chip,bigger turbo etc.
Dr.Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 11:22 PM   #7
Rating
AF Enthusiast

stock turbo but the boost was run well over stock... i think he had an ecu upgrade but im unsure. I tried speaking with some of his buddys about setting up another race, they said not to bother he just put 150 shot of N20 and wont have nothing but a hand full of pistons soon

Old 08-12-2004, 08:25 AM   #8
megaman277
AF Enthusiast

lol "a hand full of pistons"...ignorance is bliss i guess! i would probably still do it if he aint got slicks...just get a good launch and u should be straight

"live to race...race to live"
megaman277 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!