Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Street/Track Racing Stories! Beat any Mustangs today? Tell everyone about what your Honda can do! (Keep it clean)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 03:08 PM   #61
TRD2000
AF Enthusiast

Re: 3kgt, intergra, or hard to find n/a mr2

grandma cars... im sure they used to make a real eclipse with the GSR engine.... might still do in japan
Old 08-24-2004, 09:23 PM   #62
Thourun
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Thourun
The new eclypse (most mitsu cars for that matter) give the GSX/T and 3000GT bad names.
Installed: ESP front precat eliminating downpipe, test pipe, RF-1008 K&N, Dejon tool Y pipe, 1G DSM BOV, MSD wires, Guted rear pre cat, ISSPRO EV Marine boost gauge, IPO MBC, EGR blockoffs, Palm m515 dataloger setup, NGK iridium plugs, SPEC stage II clutch 500ft/lb, 5300k HID plug and play setup.

Soon:Topline Engineering ground wires.
Thourun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 09:27 PM   #63
PearlGT
AF Enthusiast

i'll say, the pops got a 2003 v6 eclipse, what a disappointment
PearlGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 12:50 AM   #64
Sleepr awd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Sleepr awd Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepr awd

the power just needs to be nurtured out of it, the engines in hte new eclipses do well with boost and can lay down serious power without tranny trouble whatsoever, they didn't do the best they could have when they designed it, but they were trying to make a market for the evo, and ne ways i like getting better gas mileage than those 4banger turbos and i have one of those 7 year 100k mile warranties...i'm not complaining considering the reputation of reliability dsm's and 3000gt's have built themselves

Don't act like you don't love it.
503/2000
Sleepr awd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 03:33 PM   #65
TRD2000
AF Enthusiast

you haven't been in an EVO huh?

the EVO does not need anybody to leave room for it, it makes its own.

no excuse to go back 20 years and start making SOHC grandma crap.

my 4 banger turbo gets me round 7L/100KM, sure i could get better if i drove a peugeot diesel! G/F's FTO 2L Mivec uses more, friends 1.5L Corolla uses round 6L/100KM... HMMMM
Old 08-25-2004, 09:58 PM   #66
Sleepr awd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Sleepr awd Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepr awd

dude, if you have the same engine in 2 cars and ur selling the sports car version (2door) for less than the 4 door, ur creating a conflict of market, sure, the evo is designed that much better, but you can take a 23k Eclipse GST (base price new) and spend 7k$ on it and make it faster than if you had bought a 30k$ evo, and even take a new GS-X (25-26k) and use 4k $$ to make it run 11's... granted, i could take 7k dollars, run turbo, lsd, and some sticky performance street tires and run 11's which...is faster than an evo stock too and mine stickered at 23k and trust me...Evo owners wouldn't be happy about taht what so ever, but it isn't the same caliber engine and isn't a well-known rally setup and i dont' have awd

and please don't refer to it as a GSR engine...here in america the GSR is a 1.8l VTEC Acura Integra (honda integra)
call it a 4G63 (the engine code) saying we got honda engines in our rides is much much worse

Don't act like you don't love it.
503/2000
Sleepr awd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 10:11 PM   #67
TRD2000
AF Enthusiast

then you're ignorant. the car is japanese and a GSR is a 1.8LTR 4x turbo version of the lancer, the evo is a 2ltr. And aside from america they have been sold at the same time, surely they would "compete" with each other? lets see who else does it, Subaru, 2door, 4 door, STI... thats just the WRX then with the same engine they have the legacy wagons, sedans, GT, GTB, the list goes on... ford and chevy do the same... how bout the Audi s3 vs Golf GTI hmmm guess lots of car makers sell "competing" models. As i said the EVO makes room for itself, and the... incidentally its important to recognise the GSR as i'm sure you're aware of the RS, but are you also aware of the EVO pajero?
now calling it byt the engine is great but the engine even comes with different specs, did america end up getting the mivec version? or the 6sp box? or the EVO steering rack? or did they go with the old 5 sp and a mildly worked EVO VII engine, with the nice cushy suspension and the steering rack from the base model?

Just because america has finally started getting these cars that we've had for years doesn't mean that the rest of the world has to suddenly change just to go along. Perhaps america should start recognising the cars proper names....
Old 08-25-2004, 10:15 PM   #68
TRD2000
AF Enthusiast

you also missed that the EVO rates a lot higher as a sports car than the 2door, and the key is the AWD system.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:22 PM   #69
RACER D12
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RACER D12
Re: Re: 3kgt, intergra, or hard to find n/a mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD2000
then you're ignorant. the car is japanese and a GSR is a 1.8LTR 4x turbo version of the lancer, the evo is a 2ltr. And aside from america they have been sold at the same time, surely they would "compete" with each other? lets see who else does it, Subaru, 2door, 4 door, STI... thats just the WRX then with the same engine they have the legacy wagons, sedans, GT, GTB, the list goes on... ford and chevy do the same... how bout the Audi s3 vs Golf GTI hmmm guess lots of car makers sell "competing" models. As i said the EVO makes room for itself, and the... incidentally its important to recognise the GSR as i'm sure you're aware of the RS, but are you also aware of the EVO pajero?
now calling it byt the engine is great but the engine even comes with different specs, did america end up getting the mivec version? or the 6sp box? or the EVO steering rack? or did they go with the old 5 sp and a mildly worked EVO VII engine, with the nice cushy suspension and the steering rack from the base model?

Just because america has finally started getting these cars that we've had for years doesn't mean that the rest of the world has to suddenly change just to go along. Perhaps america should start recognising the cars proper names....

First off chill out. Who said anything about the world changing? I didn’t catch any arrogant american attitude in his request. He simply asked you to use the engine name because yes it is confusing when you say GSR... is that so hard? Just like if you said GTO you would need to clarify because here in the US we have had a car called that for some 40 years. I mean really who’s the one being ignorant again?
Second the WRX and STI are not really competing. The STI and WRX have different engines in the US, why because the Subaru people probably realized that if they had the same engine then they would be competing. Also the Audi and VW thing doesn’t count because although VW owns Audi they market after different groups of people.
I mean really you don’t see the conflict of interest if mitsu sold a AWD eclipse that was just as fast or almost as fast as the more expensive EVO? Sure they would still sell because some people prefer four doors but not many people would pay 7,8 or 9 grand more for it. So EVO sales would take a hit.

Lindsey Boost Enhancer, Blitz EBC, Hot Air Intake, Koni Yellows
RACER D12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:43 PM   #70
TRD2000
AF Enthusiast

the VIII is the first mass produced EVO since perhaps the III. The GSR is important in distinguishing which trim at least and in some circumstances which car is being talked about.
I never mentioned a AWD eclipse, i was talking about the engine, just because the evo is coming out doesn't mean the engine should regress to SOHC. Having a sporty FF car in your range should not effect the sales of a car like the EVO GSR. Perhaps having alternatives like the Lancer "Asti" which is a 2 door MIVEC engined lancer may compete with the eclipse, or an FTO if they still made them, but the EVO is significantly different to a mirage even with the same engine (which i can't see happening). A good power eclipse, whether powered by a 1.8T or even a revision of the FTO mivec 2L 6.. at LEAST give it the Asti engine... should compete more with the integra type R (do you guys call these RSX or something?) or the celica ZR, The EVO really is in its own league, and given that it is a limited edition i think they'd sell them all anyway. I think Subaru probably would have looked silly going backwards from the 2.5 they used to have over there to a 2L turbo... so they stuck with 2.5. I was being inconsiderate but we are talking about mitsubishis so i have to worry about him getting "confused" with a honda. Now, you mean the pontiac GTO right? the latest version being a re badged holden monaro with a different grill? The monaro has a very similar history in australia as your GTO, the car was developed in australia, where the 4 door version in its many variants has been the top selling car for like 15 years. I feel kind of sorry for the states cause its sold in other parts of the world as a chevy lumina (even though it's not) but i wasn't getting confused when people talk about the GTO cause we were talking mitsubishis after all.... i tel;l you though you should dump those FF chev luminas and get some proper commodores out there... chev LS1 6sp tranny FR all in a a family sedan...but you've gotta protect that local industry.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:44 PM   #71
TRD2000
AF Enthusiast

sorry... the evo is significantly different to an ECLIPSE
Old 08-27-2004, 09:06 AM   #72
RACER D12
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RACER D12
Im not saying the EVO is anything like the Eclipse, but most people are simple minded and if they see two cars that are similar in performance they will almost always go for the cheaper one. However I do agree with you in that I don’t see the harm with a eclipse with a better engine either. If they kept it FF and don’t tune it to make it too fast. Then I think it would be a good edition to the Mitsubishi line up.

As too GM... who knows why they do anything If it where up to me the holden would have come over a long time ago and all sports cars would be either RWD or AWD.

Lindsey Boost Enhancer, Blitz EBC, Hot Air Intake, Koni Yellows
RACER D12 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!