Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Street/Track Racing Stories! Beat any Mustangs today? Tell everyone about what your Honda can do! (Keep it clean)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 11:49 PM   #1
KrNxRaCer00
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KrNxRaCer00 Send a message via Yahoo to KrNxRaCer00
BEST WIN: no flaming...

wut is the one car that sticks out in ur mind as ur best win.

plz tell the story if u can remember it, if not...jus post up the car u beat. to help keep flaming away, tell us the situation/mods etc...during the race.

don't post reactions (any flames will be deleted instantly,) props are ok, but plz try to keep it to jus wut u beat an w/ wut.

My best so far was against an ITR when i had my 94 gsr.

gsr had: i/h/e/clutch/vtec controller (ran 14.838 at the track)
ITR had: SRI

beat him 3/3 times, each by about a car length. he wasn't the greatest of drivers, and i'd like to think that i can handle the car well.

well, the thread is open to u guys...keep it clean...hope to see some good stories.

EDIT: if carnuttt is going to list one for each car...well then here goes...

88 lude (i/h/e): beat another 88 lude that had i/h/e/cams and thought he was the hottest ish EVAR! well...long story short, dood couldn't driver, completely embarassed him in front of his "racing friens" and that was a night.

94 Accord: uhm...none really...that thing was slow as a dog...

00 ITR: either the 2001 S2K or the ls/vtec integra. story here

99 Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
2000 Acura Integra Type R (sold)
1994 Acura Integra GSR (retired/sold)

Last edited by KrNxRaCer00; 01-15-2004 at 01:11 AM.
Old 01-13-2004, 12:04 AM   #2
sideshowrich
2 people short of a 3way

Send a message via AIM to sideshowrich Send a message via MSN to sideshowrich
Re: BEST WIN: no flaming...

I had an 88 Civic STD hatch, i/h/e, almost totally gutted, except for the spare and my registration, and I beat this girl in her Tempo. She kept saying her car was faster than mine, so I said "Let's make it interesting." The deal was if she won, I owe her the $200 I had on me, I won, I get a three way with her and her cute friend (she was that confident). Needless to say, I won, but she chickened out. She did let me watch her and her friend make out a little

Wasn't exactly a race for the record books, but it definitely sticks out in my mind.
Old 01-13-2004, 12:04 AM   #3
carrrnuttt
AF Fanatic

My best kill with my old 4-dr LX Civic was an I/E '99-'00 Civic Si on the freeway!

With the SE-R, a few stock Mustang 5.0 GTs, and couple of SN95 'Stangs stand-out...but all of them have been equally satisfying, as none of them expect it with the Sentra.

Best kill of them all, however, was when I beat a new (then) '95 or so M3 with my old (modded) Beretta GTZ.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:46 AM   #4
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 01-13-2004, 05:06 AM   #5
KrNxRaCer00
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KrNxRaCer00 Send a message via Yahoo to KrNxRaCer00
Re: Re: BEST WIN: no flaming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshowrich
I had an 88 Civic STD hatch, i/h/e, almost totally gutted, except for the spare and my registration, and I beat this girl in her Tempo. She kept saying her car was faster than mine, so I said "Let's make it interesting." The deal was if she won, I owe her the $200 I had on me, I won, I get a three way with her and her cute friend (she was that confident). Needless to say, I won, but she chickened out. She did let me watch her and her friend make out a little

Wasn't exactly a race for the record books, but it definitely sticks out in my mind.
that'd stand out in my mind too...

99 Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
2000 Acura Integra Type R (sold)
1994 Acura Integra GSR (retired/sold)
Old 01-13-2004, 08:34 AM   #6
sideshowrich
2 people short of a 3way

Send a message via AIM to sideshowrich Send a message via MSN to sideshowrich

Damn shame too, she was fudgin' hot, her friend was really cute too.....
Old 01-15-2004, 12:54 AM   #7
Miataracer
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Miataracer Send a message via Yahoo to Miataracer
Hmm... I don't race much and I have never had a real power house car but I have taken a few wins. Once back a couple years I was in my dad's '98 GMC Sierra (all stock 250 hp 350 at the time) and took down a probably 99-00 or so Civic that sounded like it probably had I/H/E. We were rolling along down a 4 lane road, two in each direction and he came up on me like he was real hot stuff in what sounded like second gear and tried to go flying by. I caught him coming up fast in my mirror and decided I didn't want to let him off easy so I punched it. I was able to match his speed and begin to pull on him before we came up to a light. The end. Not too interesting.

Just this last summer when I was in my '95 Miata I got run on by a 98+ V6 Camaro with the factory body kit and for sale signs in the windows. I am not sure what they were doing really, I imagine it was a test drive or something along those lines because they were nearly begging me to race, riding next to me then punching it and slowing back down several times before I took the bait. I know for a fact that the Miata was not fast. the only mod it had was a Mazda Comp cat back exhaust. The best I could do in this situation was matching the guys pace when he took off just a slight bit before me. I doubt that helped him sell the car... lol.

And my most recent wussy race this fall while coming back to school was in my current car the '94 Civic. I was running along a 2 lane one way road and a 96-97 proy Chevy Monte Carlo came flying past me dodging through traffic. Well, I met right back up with said Monte when the light ahead of us was red. I look over and the guy is sitting there looking like a retard with his 'trucker' hat which it was obvious he was wearing as a so called fashion statement. It nearly made me sick. (did I mention I am not a big fan of weird trendiness?) Either way, the light went green and we both roared away... he had me for just a bit I imagine because of the higher torque numbers of the Monte over my puny little d16z with I/H/E. I was able to catch him before he got much more than a nose on me though and by the time I was in third he was dropping back to my rear fender. Then we came to the next light and he turned right while I went straight.

Those are pretty much my only current stories. I know they are nothing special at all, hopefully I can surprise a few more interesting cars when I get my b18c dropped in.

LS1 RX-7 Zoom Zoom
Old 01-15-2004, 07:30 PM   #8
Doubletap
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Doubletap Send a message via Yahoo to Doubletap

Well in my short racing career here on the mean streets of Colorado Springs the one real good race that I have been in went something like this:
Going down Academy Blvd which is a three lane "main drag" in town I catch up two a pair a nearly identical Silver Civic EX coupes (5th or 6th gen not sure which it was). The light ahead turns red and I am in between both of them at the light on a slight uphill grade. I have a 96 ls with an AEM V2. Anyway All three of us looked at each other and gave the 'nod' and on gree we were off. THe coupe on my right imediatly fell of the pace and as we came ariound a left hand turn the other civic and i were neck and neck. I was burnin it up to the limiter in every gear and as I jammed it into third I finally started to pull on this guy and at about 85 I shut off with him about 1 car back. I was and awesmoe race and I wanted to ask the guy what he was running (coming up on him I noticed no exhaust was visible in the back and I was curious) but i had just gotten my new tint a day before and couldn't roll down my windows yet. Not an awesome win but it was so close and cops are everywhere and it was a huge rush.

DoubleTap
Old 01-17-2004, 09:14 AM   #9
HondaIntegraXSI
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to HondaIntegraXSI

Probably not my best, but the one that sticks out in my mind was similar to sideshowriches but when I raced and lost I had to run down downtown Gatlinburg, TN butt neked, But If I won I got to watch her run down naked. She was a hotie!! But to make a long story short we raced('86 CRX w/ D16Y8 swap and slippin clutch, against her 6cyl Mustang) and I ended up running down the sidewalk naked, she had a good laugh, and thought I was cute. Guess thats why she's my wife now. lol (the first time I met my wife too,lol)
Old 01-17-2004, 06:11 PM   #10
Ricochet
Banned

Close one, but a 5.0 Mustang on the freeway.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:20 PM   #11
pheurton-skeurto
AF Enthusiast

best win in my 95 civic 4-door was beating my dad who was driving my moms honda element...raced to about 100 and then shut it down...i had a couple carlengths.

in the lude, well, nothing great...definately destroyed a fair share of riced out civics and tegs but as far as quality wins, im low in the BCS polls...
1995 Honda Civic LX
Bone Friggin' Stock
Old 01-18-2004, 07:59 PM   #12
PunkAlex
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to PunkAlex
My best kill (of the very few-im still only 15 until march) was gettin gas in my pops 98 lude....outlaunched and outshifted a mustang gt from a few lights...Wait until i get my rex...lots of rice to beat up on round here!

I tend to hate people....expecially liberals...
This is my temporary racecar-the two liter beast itself, the 87 camry:
Old 01-18-2004, 09:04 PM   #13
SiGNAL748
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to SiGNAL748 Send a message via MSN to SiGNAL748
96-98? ITR Stock (had to be one of those years, since it was white)

beat it buy almost a car length.

I know this may not seem all that special to you guys, but this one sticks out in my mind the most because it was a 50/50 situation (driver's race)
Old 01-19-2004, 02:10 PM   #14
Ispankyourmom
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshowrich

you should have told her to fork over $200 if she wasn't gonna let you boink her and her friend.
Old 01-20-2004, 03:02 AM   #15
YOUNGSTER
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to YOUNGSTER Send a message via MSN to YOUNGSTER Send a message via Yahoo to YOUNGSTER
spanking some 93 5.0 by like 3 and a half cars
its pretty modded he bought it from one of my freinds. i was in my new eg it has a jdm b16 type r intake manifold tb, cams and header. and a apexi n1 exhaust straight pipe chiped ecu skunk 2 cam gears and act stage 2 clutch. i also beat a new gt by a lil more than half a car i was very happy. the 5.0 was talking sh1t thats why i enjoyed spanking him so much
MODS: Motor :jdm b16 block, itr head, skunk 2 cam gears, msd ignition, intake, exhaust, straight pipe, skunk 2 ecu. act race clutch Suspension : grnd cntrl coilovers, 4 way adj shocks , spoon strut bar, skunk 2 sway bar, itr control arms, energy bushings misc. : super nice jdm seats, momo detachable steering wheel, Jdm clutster, Spoon Cf duckbill wing, vision smoked amber turn signals. COMING VERY SOON IN DAYS LS vtec ARP ROD BOLTS HEAD BOLTS AND 75 SHOT OF GIGLE JUICE look in my galler

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!