Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Odyssey
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
sixpix
AF Newbie

2006 Odyssey serpentine belt replacement

Just got done changing the serpentine belt on my 2006 Odyssey and thought I'd post a few helpful hints:

Socket size for the tensioner release is 19mm.

I removed the power steering fluid reservoir to more easily access the pulleys for putting the belt back on.

I removed the hose from the power steering pump so I could get enough movement out of the tensioner release. I used a Craftsman serpentine belt tool and it's kind of long. I also had to have my son hold the hood up so I could put the hood stand down as this was getting the way also.

I wish I had put a towel down under the power steering hose when I disconnected it. I moved the hose so it was pointing up right away to minimize the fluid loss but some spilled out when I was removing the hose.

It was hard to find the tensioner release nut. I initially thought it was the hex nut for the idler pulley but quickly realized that wasn't it. I found a picture online but wasn't sure how to post it here.

Hope this is helpful to someone.
sixpix is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Odyssey