Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General Discussion All general comments or enquiries go here. Website, club oriented, or general Skyline banter.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 03:41 AM   #46
firefighter0143
AF Regular

Re: licensing and unlicensed skyline

lol saprez thanks for the follow up....did you find out that they can legalize?
Old 06-23-2004, 08:43 AM   #47
SAPrez
AF Enthusiast

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I did not find Fuel Imports on the list of RI's, so I'd say, NO.
On another forum someone called them to ask how they do it and they said their service technician was an RI, but when asked who this person was or his affiliation to an RI, they balked, so I'd say steer CLEAR, steer VERY CLEAR.

mB
SAPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 02:24 AM   #48
firefighter0143
AF Regular

I See You Work For Skyline America.....do You Legalize Skylines Or Do You Go Through Mx?
Ps. Nice Prices On The Gtr's
Old 07-02-2004, 08:40 PM   #49
SAPrez
AF Enthusiast

Thanks!
Currently I am the owner/operator of Skyline America....
Right now, no one is legalizing Skylines(in the US), and so we are working in other markets right now until this situation is remedied. We hope within the next 4-6 months that things will be drastically different than the current state of affairs.
So, to answer your question a different way, so as to be more clear---we are not an RI, we are a sales company who brokers our sales in conjunction with legalization through an RI, to better streamline the process for consumers and ensure that they recieve the best possible pricing, service, and, ultimately, do not lose their vehicles to US Customs, or worse....

Michael Bernard
SAPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 01:51 AM   #50
Skyline69
AF Regular

Well, I'm kinda understanding what you guys are saying. I'm reading that you are saying that if you import a car that isn't compliant then you can't sell it. So what, what If I want to import my car for myself? Is Motorex really the only way. I don't care about selling it. I just want it for myself............by the way I'm not some retard who wants a Skyline..........I OWN one here in Japan. But everything I keep reading is just Motorex Motorex Motorex.........and they suck. It's funny cause my wife is Japanese and when I mention paying $16,000 to import my Skyline she flips out......why??? because she has grown up seeing them....to the Japanese, Skylines are just a normal car they see all the time and nothing special. Most of them DON'T CARE. Well I really love my car and I'm sick of all these people claiming that they can import them. So if someone comes up with a "NEW" legal way to get them back for a lot less then $16,000 (heck, even 7,000 wouldn't be that bad)......let me know. I follow all this importing very closely....but sometimes it's a little hard to separate fact from fiction, because people lie and talk out of their asses on the internet. And when it comes to my car I don't want to take ANY chances.

Japanese girls dig my car........
Skyline69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 08:48 PM   #51
tyndago
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to tyndago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline69
isn't compliant then you can't sell it. So what, what If I want to import my car for myself? Is Motorex really the only way. I don't care about selling it. I just want it for myself.........
What stops you from selling it yourself after you import it ?

Nothing. Rules are rules. We can follow them or not follow them.
http://www.gtrusablog.com
tyndago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 11:00 PM   #52
Skyline69
AF Regular

But my question is, if I import it through the military....for my personal use, do I HAVE to go through Motorex..........is there no other legal way to import it????

Old 11-07-2004, 11:07 PM   #53
thegladhatter
AF Enthusiast

That would be correct. Shipping via TMO will NOT make it legal. You will still need Motorex.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:19 PM   #54
Skyline69
AF Regular

AHHHHHHHHH.........freakin Motorex......Someone else has to give them some LEGAL competition.