Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > S2000
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 11:00 PM   #1
ladeedodd
AF Newbie

Question What can i do with my S2000? I want to make it a 10-11 sec. car

So I recently purchased a 2000 s2000 from a buddy (I thought it would be fun to spiff out a 2000 2000), and it currently has a 2.OL DOHC VTEC I 4 engine - 240 HP and a 6 spd manual transmission.

I am completely open to any and all help as this will be the first of my cars that I am going to work on and completely redo on my own. Basically I am most curious as to what kind of engine I can swap into it, etc.

Ultimate goal is to have a 10-11 second car...not opposed to faster though.

If any of you car gurus out there can give me an idea to make one hell of a street racer (figure of speech...well, kinda ) that would be MUCH appreciated!!!
ladeedodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
Gohan Ryu
AF Enthusiast

Re: What can i do with my S2000? I want to make it a 10-11 sec. car

You won't need to swap engines there are guys running 10-11 seconds on stock engine with a bolt-on turbo and probably gears. Check Youtube.
Gohan Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:07 AM   #3
ladeedodd
AF Newbie

Talking Re: What can i do with my S2000? I want to make it a 10-11 sec. car

Thanks for the reply, funny enough though today I actually traded and paid an additional 4.5k for a 96' Toyota Supra!!! And now I gotta figure out what to do with that...it only has 81k on the engine and body and the only thing I can think of that is "wrong" with it is that there is a nice ding on the door, but I'm gonna replace the doors with carbon fiber doors anyways.

The nice thing is that I now know what I'm gonna do cosmetically with the Supra, but once again I don't know what to do with the engine. This Supra is not a turbo, so obviously that is going to be one of the mods I will have to do, but other than that I'm kinda confused...if ya got any ideas for the Supra then I will gladly listen otherwise I will just post another thread.

Once again thanks for the input, but now I'm obviously going to shoot for a 9-10 second car and am so excited to have found my dream car!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 07:21 PM   #4
Gohan Ryu
AF Enthusiast

Strange trade, you paid 4.5k to downgrade?
Old 04-02-2009, 08:53 PM   #5
ladeedodd
AF Newbie

i definitely don't think i downgraded at all! this is my dream car and i know how to do a lot of the fabrications and there a lot more options with what i can do. Plus i can push out about 250+ more hp out of this bad boy!

2.0 inline 4 vs 3.0 inline 6....
Old 04-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #6
Gohan Ryu
AF Enthusiast

By downgrade I meant a 96 supra sells for about 8-9k, and an s2000 sells for over 10k...why did you have to pay 4.5k extra?

Honda 2.0 inline 4 = 240 hp many turboed guys are pushing 500hp on stock internals
Toyota 3.0 inline 6 = 220 hp

But I guess for your purposes the Celica makes sense - you seem to be all about 1/4 mile performance only. The S2000 is a much better car for everything else, but it's wasted if you only want to go in a straight line.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #7
ladeedodd
AF Newbie

Actually the blue book on the supra was 17k, they are cars that keep exceptional resale value due to the demand for quality models. An d yesd, quarter mile is one of my priorities; that and for cosmetic purposes. With end result I plan to take it to car shows like HIN, etc. and compete. A suped up supra is slightly more impressive than an s2000. And once again, this is a car I have pined for for quite some time and I still believe that i wass the one that got the good deal. i only paid 9 for the s2000 (my buddy needed the money and cut me a deal) and i paid an extra 4.5k. i will take that over paying 17k+...
Old 04-03-2009, 03:06 PM   #8
Gohan Ryu
AF Enthusiast

Damn 17K?? They're selling around here for 9k - you must have bought a clean one.

I agree a souped up supra is a good show car - making a show car out of a track performer like an s2000 is indeed a waste of a car.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #9
ladeedodd
AF Newbie

WOW! 9K?! Where is that? I would literally buy a couple if they are in as good condition as mine and sell them here!!! But your right, the previous owner kept impeccable care of the car and the ONLY thing I could find wrong with it was the door ding, but like I previously said I'm replacing the doors w/ carbon fiber panels, inside and out. I actually took it into my mechanic this morning and had him service it and thoroughly inspect just about every aspect of the engine and give me a call if he found anything. That was 7:30 am pst and still no call, so I'm getting more and more excited!

But seriously! A 96' Supra for 9K is one hell of a deal!! I've never even heard of that unless something is severely wrong, or it is a Supra from the 80's...most likely a 87'-89' in decent condish...
Old 04-03-2009, 04:32 PM   #10
ladeedodd
AF Newbie

BTW...when I told my buddy what I did, he wasn't too happy until I showed him the Supra, and he proceeded to get even more angry. But it was anger of PURE jealousy!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:46 PM   #11
kris
Off playing with fire.

Nice find. The S2k is best utilized in the corners, not a straight line. Where as the bloated supra is good for straight line driving. So that should suite your needs. Any pictures?
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:01 AM   #12
Fierc3 Kid
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Fierc3 Kid Send a message via MSN to Fierc3 Kid Send a message via Yahoo to Fierc3 Kid

call inline-pro, they can help..

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
engine swap , engine work , honda , honda s2000 , s2000
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > S2000