Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Infiniti > M30
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 01:54 PM   #1
N.Senada
AF Newbie

Manual trans.

Is it possible to put a manual transmission in an M30? If so, does anyone have any suggestions for doing this. Also, what engine is in the M30?
N.Senada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 09:49 PM   #2
I_Am_Mr_E
AF Newbie

Re: Manual trans.

i was also looking into a manual tranny but you have to find a nissan/infiniti with the same motor and rwd, so far the only one that i have found was a nissan truck and there may be a problem with the tranny size, also if the motor in the m30 is a vg30 then you may be able to get a 350z tranny in there but that might get a little spendy and you may have to do some driveshaft fab work to get it to work right, unless you have a shop and all the tools and know how at your hands i would shop around for someone to do it for you. but if anyone finds anything out other than what i have found then please inform me and ^him.
I_Am_Mr_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:48 AM   #3
nyeark
AF Newbie

Best best is an MT from a Z31 - the N/A models had the same engine as the M30 and the same auto trans, so the manual ought to fit. The tricky part is the driveshaft - you'll either have to hope that either the stock one can be cajoled into working, the Z31 MT shaft works, or go the custom route (which would cost a bit). I'm going to look into this over spring break, hopefully, as the M30 really does need a manual.

BTW: hit http://www.phpbbforfree.com/forums/?mforum=jcrapps for more M30 info.
nyeark is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Infiniti > M30