Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: What everybody thing about this post since it been pass a few year of the older post
it was good? 2 100.00%
or bad? 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 12:06 AM   #1
dsuperminime
AF Newbie

Exclamation WAR about VTEC vs. SR20DE

N/a

Last edited by dsuperminime; 04-29-2011 at 11:12 PM.
dsuperminime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:31 PM   #2
temptercraze
AF Newbie

Talking Re: WAR about VTEC vs. SR20DE

interesting... im a nissan man myself. had a 90 silvia with a ca18det. my mate had a 91 honda prelude Si with a engine swap to the vtec, and i gotta say i could never catch him after that. although i feel its unfair to compare the vtec to the ca18(det or otherwise) i still reckon the vtec is an incredible engine so much grunt even factory tuned!
temptercraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:30 PM   #3
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Re: WAR about VTEC vs. SR20DE

VTEC engine is the worst engine for performance. It has power at only EXTREAMLY high RPMs and produces so little torque and HP that you'll end up spending 20k to make a VTEC car keep up with a stock 90's camaro while spending similar amounts on the car itsself.

But they do tend to be good on gas mileage. But as long as there are diesel engines. Theres no need to buy a Honda.

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Shpuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #4
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

No offence but your grammer made me

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Trust me, your little honda cant beat ANY major brand of car. By any I mean Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan, BMW, Audi, VW, Dodge, Ford, Chevy, etc......

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 07:50 AM   #6
akboss
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpuker View Post
Trust me, your little honda cant beat ANY major brand of car. By any I mean Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan, BMW, Audi, VW, Dodge, Ford, Chevy, etc......
Honda's can be as fast as any major brand car, especially around a track, you just have to spend the time and tune it. Imports have never been into drag or nascar, so most Americans don't think they have any power. Take a trip to Japan and see what they're doing over there - some of the Nissan's and Honda's would blow the socks off a big-block Chevy.

Personally I still like the torque and the sound of an American V8, or the roaring crackle of a German flat-6, I just can't get used to the whiney screech of a tuned VTECH at 8,000 RPM, even if they are amazing motors.
akboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #7
akboss
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuperminime View Post
well I still gonna be in my line with Honda as you are in your muscle cars the thing right here is that I have proven with my eyes that in Puerto Rico we have some extremely good setups and you don't need to go so far to japan just come to Puerto Rico and you can see with your own eyes that a miserable little 1.6 little can smoke some good V8 engine with a lot of set up and money and even a daily driven car just stain in the panel of a big work out car that is a bad feeling. look I love how the sound so hard and with power coming out burning those big rear wheel, but for me why I need so much with a just a little I can do the same.
Look I been traveling for a few places in the united states and europe I'm in the army I seen different things, I heard different thinking and I been in different hoods cheeking different setups, and I can see a lot of people just buying parts and mounting them with out knowing for what is the part and for what it can work, in my case I read a lot, I check what pos and cons I have with what I am mouting or what caind of set up I'm going. so don't get mad I know muscle cars have their stories but remember inports have them to!
Totally man, I hear ya there and I'm backing it up too! Imports have some great stories. Where I work I've seen a couple of right-hand-drive Nissan Skyline GTR's (older, maybe 1998-2003) and I know that under that hood there is some serious power you don't want to mess with unless you've got a ridiculous car.

I was laughing, the other day I was driving along a few cars behind one of these Skylines and some guy pulled up in a new Volvo S40 with some work done...I was smiling already. So the guy in the Volvo revvs his engine and starts flashing his lights wanting to race, I'm thinking 'you can't be serious'. Just for kicks, the guy driving the Nissan just touches the gas and disappears...the Volvo driver is still spitting through gears and blasting fart noises through a 3" exhaust, left in the dust.

A Honda 1.6 is a solid motor, a lot more power than you would think if you fix them up right!

akboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:28 PM   #8
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by akboss View Post
Honda's can be as fast as any major brand car, especially around a track, you just have to spend the time and tune it. Imports have never been into drag or nascar, so most Americans don't think they have any power. Take a trip to Japan and see what they're doing over there - some of the Nissan's and Honda's would blow the socks off a big-block Chevy.

Personally I still like the torque and the sound of an American V8, or the roaring crackle of a German flat-6, I just can't get used to the whiney screech of a tuned VTECH at 8,000 RPM, even if they are amazing motors.
I agree with the Nissan part. I'm sure you could make one beat a Maro or a Vette.
But FOR THE SAME PRICE, you will NEVER get a VTEC to beat any other car of the same class.

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 05:34 PM   #9
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
It wasn't for you akboss ,I know you are backing me up that thing was for Shpuker so don't worry.sorry for the misunderstood
I honestly think its hilarious how you guys automatically assume I'm talking about muscle cars beating your little Hondas.

Just to clear things up. I agree that some imports are great cars for both performance and fuel economy. but no Honda with the same amount of money in it, can beat a car in the same class with the same amount of cash put into it.

You take an S2000 I beat you with a 280zx a Z28 Camaro a Mustang GT and thousands of other possible candidates.

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 06:34 PM   #10
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
well I don't know what kind of driver you have just to beat an s2000, look the match for the S2000 is a 350zx because the horsepower and weight to horsepower ratio are almost the same, are you in a joke or maybe some Honda pis you of that you think Honda is under V8, V6 or some import close to the same specs are you crazy, with those 280zx and z28 I can play with the just with my daily drive set up in the illegal street race and in the race track, with respect I think honestly you are having nightmares or you are living in bobys world , like I said before I give credit for all of those cars and the batter with the Honda brand and the other is hard because people don't under stand they are reliable in every thing. know you are the one that with those nonsense and compares you gave I have headache
Quote:
and if you are talking about the mustang gt from 2005-08, look I used to drive that car in the police station you know why I was a police officer and that car is a stupid car I preferred the crown Victoria 4.6 police interceptor one because that one go more faster because with the tune the government right here in Puerto Rico ask for it, is Cain of good and it go faster to 140-160MPH because of the final drive, the differential they lowered to have more mph and if you check in the internet, information how the government just change every thing about police cars and now they have super charge cars like the dodge and some other ford cars charge to because it was hard to catch some stupid daily driven car that people use the to illegal races so that answer how hard right here in Puerto Rico people work in their cars.
Quote:
And for the 280zx yes you can have good set up if you go turbo, if you go N/A with that car for real you are going to spend those 20K believe me look people don't realize this with a turbo or nitro it can run fast any car if you set them the right way look if my grandma when she was a live, if she did want to do a set up just like that one with some nitrous or turbo I know she would have a good tome in the track with her wheelchair.
English please....

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:02 PM   #11
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

your welcome,

And the first S2000 is an $80,000+ drag racer.
Te last S2000 is a prime example of someone spending an obscene amount of money on a sub-par car

Didn't watch all the ones inbetween but from what I saw their all very heavily modfied drag cars that, to be honest, arn't even that fast

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:29 PM   #12
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Here this one costs way less than your shmancy S2000 and is way cheaper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_7Cy9xDlb0&NR=1

Quote:
Your quote here!!!