Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Cedric | M45 | J30 | Gloria
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 08:57 AM   #1
karsage2
AF Newbie

Car is possesed or trans is going bad

My car will be driving down the road fine and then it will not shift into gear. If the car sits for afew minutes it will start shifting fine. the car is over full on the trans fluid. Will that cause the car to do this and where is the thing located under the car so I can drain the fluid out? Also the engine light started coming on about 6 months ago. Would an over filled tran cause this? I have a 1993 j30 infiniti.

Karen
karsage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:26 PM   #2
swimshark
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to swimshark Send a message via MSN to swimshark
Re: Car is possesed or trans is going bad

try draining some fluid so it is at the right level and see if that helps. a tranny light should come on if your transmission is messed up. for the check engine light id have a shop read the codes coming up on the ecu. i have a program on my laptop and a cable to connect it to the ecu and can read my own codes, so it should be something simple since it is an obd1 car.

My Car! Check it out.
swimshark is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Cedric | M45 | J30 | Gloria