Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 02:04 PM   #16
Fly Rice Racer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Fly Rice Racer
K20a all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flamer:
- AEM Cold Air Intake(Blue)
- AEM Air Bypass Valve
- REVO Short Shifter V2
- Kumo Sport DirectShift Conversion Kit Bushings
- Neuspeed Front Upper X-Brace Strut Bar
- MOMO Crystal Shift Knob(blue)
- M3 Power Mirrors w/ Turn Signal
- Ignited Push Button Starter(Blue)
- Hyper Blinker Strobe V2
- Shaved Emblems
- Tinted windows 35% on sides and 20% in the rear
- Sound System: Sony M650 head unit, Kicker SL7 12" Solobaric, and a bridged Rockford Fosgate 360a2 amp.
- Dynamated Trunk

Next Mod:
- Kamikaze Header 4-1 w/ Straight Pipe
- Apex-i VAFC

Fly Rice Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2002, 07:14 AM   #17
SmoovSol
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to SmoovSol
Quote:
Originally posted by civickiller
no way a 240whp only runs 13s, maybe if grandma is driving it. with 240whp with an lsd and slicks, your looking at low 12s
this guy is on crack, putting down viper times with 240whp, UR OUT OF UR MIND..... will not elaborate on any of my or any other special engine tuning formula's but the h22 all motor is hell on wheels in a hb...
Old 10-28-2002, 12:52 AM   #18
civickiller
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to civickiller
idk why i even bother. see i know you dont know because your not a real racer. if you were you would know that it would run that fast.

my friend has a 92-95 civic hb with a gsr jrsc. i raced that car, just to clearify, i was driving the car. i raced it and ran low 13s, non lsd drag radials. his car makes about 240 flywheel hp. if my friends car got an lsd and slicks then he would run like 12.7s. now if you add 40 hp to his car, to make it 280 flywheel, 240 whp, i know his car would run low 12s

so 240whp with an lsd and slicks, in a hb would run low 12s, if you cna drive. i hate it when people come on here and just call someone a liar when they dont even know what there talking about, and dont even have any facts to back it up. i love to prove them wrong
civickiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 09:55 AM   #19
SmoovSol
AF Enthusiast

you prove me wrong with opinions not facts lets get that straight. did u post a time slip? I dont know you either but a gsr in a 92-95 hb supercharged WITH no other mods that YOU posted is something a little short of bullshit, I dont know what the fuk Im talkin about, I think u under estimate the difficulty of breaking into times that low. Maybe with other mods very easily possible or a vortech system it would be no problem, but u didnt say that did you. a supercharger what kind? how many psi? low 13's as in 13.3 is not doable unless the damn car has been gutted or modified more... Dude if you knew so much why u tell someone upgrading cams is only 400.00 for 15hp? what kind of cam are u talkin about for a sohc? a zex 11 hp 400.00 a crower cam 629.99, and it is recomended to change valves, springs, and retainers when u do that not to mention the sprocket, dude your not proving anyone wrong, Im not trying to be an ass but you need a grasp on reality I dont know everything about my car, although I wish I did so whenever I have a problem I would know what the deal was. Good luck running 13's in that hb...
Old 11-01-2002, 02:00 PM   #20
civickiller
AF Fanatic

first of all the only thing that i said was an opinion was that with 240whp hp in a hb that he would run low 12s with an lsd and slicks. second thing is that you dont drag race so you dont understand the concept. i bet when you race you launch at around 3000. but when i race i launch at 6000, so already off the line i am making like 50 more hp just because i launch higher. adn thats why my times are faster than what you think, not what you know.

i cant post up a time slip cause i dont have a scanner and its at my house, i dorm at college. but when i go back next week ill get the time slip and post it up. i told you what kind supercharger it was, jrsc. the car also has an intake header exhaust but thats standard i shouldnt have to mention that.

how much do you think one sohc cam costs ? why don you go try and find prices of sohc engines. if your using the street cam or the stage 1 cam then you dont need to replace your valvetrain but if you use anything more radical like the stage 2 cams or the strip cam then you will need to upgrade your valvetrain, i think i said that not sure though

my friend put a zex cam in his z6 but he said the cam was too long and the adjustable cam gear wouldnt fit.

i think you need alittle bit of reality in your life. go watch some drag races, learn how to race. also why dont you go read up on camshaft and how much they cost and how much power they give. then come back here and say what your found out.
Old 11-06-2002, 12:21 AM   #21
SmoovSol
AF Enthusiast

u launch at 6k? oh you mean in ur friends car u launch at 6k wit drag radials, thats what u mean. you dont mean in ur car wit street tires. So already ur makin 50 more hp but spinnin ur wheels and lookin like a fool but all that is ok cause ur makin 50 more hp right? I dont know anything about drag racing, i have been watchin these races since I was a little kid and been workin on em since u were callin me papi.. You should replace valvetrain with any cam that has a more agressive lobe grind then the stock but u bootleg it and thats ur thing i guess. "Yah ill take off at 3k and u take off at 6k, when i drop my h22 in and run on street tires ill hand ur ass to u in any of ur friends rides or maybe even ur POS. I only call it a pos cause the info u give sucks ass and therefore u must be a 17.0 joker like many people are around here....
Old 11-06-2002, 02:37 AM   #22
civickiller
AF Fanatic

yes i launch at rev limiter in my car, i have slicks on my car so very little wheel spin. i only launched at 6k in my friends car because he is running drag radials not slicks, if he was runnin slicks i would have launched at rev limiter too.

sorry if i dont believe you when you say you been watching import racing all your life and have been working on import for you whole life.
because if you have worked on imports all your life then you wouldnt give such wrong info. why dont you go out and watch an import drag race, youll see guys launching at rev limiter.

k think about this then. lisa kubo in her drag civic, launches at 8k, now i know she knows the best rpm to launch at to give her the fastest time. but if its better to launch at 3k, why does every professional import racer launch at high rpms ?

as for the cam, in a stage 1 cam you dont NEED TO REPLACE IT, i never said its not recommended you replace it, you dont need to replace it. it would be better to upgrade your valvetrain with any cam but you dont need to with a stage 1. stage 2 and up, you need to replace your valvetrain.

man you really need to read my posts good before you try and call me a liar. it only makes you look bad everytime you try and call me a liar, when i prove you wrong. well smoovsol, you have called me a liar about 10 times now, but everytime i proved that what i said is truth. so ive made you look bad 10 times now. but if you wanna keep looking bad then fine by me. well i challenged you to find stuff i said that was wrong, youve tried but failed. good effort though. but i am still challenging you to find something that i said that was wrong