Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-12-2001, 02:48 AM   #1
TypeSi
AF Regular

Exclamation S2000 Swap???

i was sitting around bored oneday:bonghitte and i wondered to myself would a s2000 motor swap work into a 2000 civic, i mean i dont plan on doing it it was just a though or what about a newer accord or prelude maybe. anybody know ??
Old 12-12-2001, 03:17 AM   #2
82civicwagon
AF Enthusiast

i dont think it would just because it was designed for rwd it might be too long. the mounting surface is probally the same though.

future motor swap ride
turtlelove420@juno.com
Member of TeaM NiGLeT iNC.
MeMBeR NiGLeT eLiTe GuaRD
more bodyroll than a 500 Lb G.A.W.A.

?WHAT YOU LIKE TO DO WITH PUNANNI?

POONSAI!
82civicwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 03:21 AM   #3
TypeSi
AF Regular

o yeah forgot about the real wheel drive problem. my bad i guess i wasnt really thinkin after all, what if i converted it to rear wheel, is that even possible. once i saw a civic si at the tracks burning out from the rear wheels i was like am i really seeing this
Old 12-12-2001, 05:39 AM   #4
sparq
AF Premium User

Send a message via AIM to sparq
Quote:
Originally posted by TypeSi
o yeah forgot about the real wheel drive problem. my bad i guess i wasnt really thinkin after all, what if i converted it to rear wheel, is that even possible. once i saw a civic si at the tracks burning out from the rear wheels i was like am i really seeing this
hahaha, yes its possible...

S2000 is the F series motor I believe... HASport "H" series mounts also work with the F series motors ~ so in THEORY it could work~ but you will have a nice fun time making the "tunnel" for the RWD not to mention all the fun after that... if you want RWD buy a used S2000 or just buy a car thats originally RWD ~ hey the OLD Civic BOX "wagons" had AWD.... hehehe! Dual turbos and a bunch of boost and you could be burning out from all 4 wheels... hahahaah!

RIP AUNIE
sparq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 09:43 AM   #5
Integra-F20C
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Integra-F20C Send a message via AIM to Integra-F20C
baahaha...well..u could...but the F series engines turn totally opposite direction compared to our b series..h series etc engines //therefore..yes u could fit a F20C...but for ur car...u would be having 1 gear going forward and 5 gear reverse...which would be pretty cool..

so uhh..as u can see...everything will have top be going opposite just to fit this engine onto ur civic..so uhh..unless u want to waste the amount $$$ to make ur civic one of a kind..u might as well just get a S2000..:smoker2:

more infoHere
Integra-F20C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 02:54 AM   #6
TypeSi
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Integra-F20C
baahaha...well..u could...but the F series engines turn totally opposite direction compared to our b series..h series etc engines //therefore..yes u could fit a F20C...but for ur car...u would be having 1 gear going forward and 5 gear reverse...which would be pretty cool..

so uhh..as u can see...everything will have top be going opposite just to fit this engine onto ur civic..so uhh..unless u want to waste the amount $$$ to make ur civic one of a kind..u might as well just get a S2000..:smoker2:
yeah true dat i was just wonderin if it would work. u would get a lot of at shows and street races, that would be my only thing is to see a on everyones face
Old 12-13-2001, 03:28 PM   #7
SFF900
AF Regular

anything is possible with the right amount of money:smoka:
SFF900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 01:50 AM   #8
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
it could be done, and itd be cool as hell. wouldnt be too hard to bouild the driveshaft tunnel if u were any good at using aluminum, thats how i plan on building the tunnel in my honda 600 (ill have a rwd civic heh heh). id pay $10 just to look at it if somebody did it though, thatd be just plain neat. is the s2k's rear axle wider than the civics? if so youd need either narrower axles or a widebody (personally id go with the widebody then when people tell u youre stupid for widening your rear fenders on a fwd car say "watch this dumbass" and start spinnin em)
LjasonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 05:05 AM   #9
TypeSi
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by ldelaysionl
it could be done, and itd be cool as hell. wouldnt be too hard to bouild the driveshaft tunnel if u were any good at using aluminum, thats how i plan on building the tunnel in my honda 600 (ill have a rwd civic heh heh). id pay $10 just to look at it if somebody did it though, thatd be just plain neat. is the s2k's rear axle wider than the civics? if so youd need either narrower axles or a widebody (personally id go with the widebody then when people tell u youre stupid for widening your rear fenders on a fwd car say "watch this dumbass" and start spinnin em)
yeah it would be funny lookin at their faces while im spinnin them then the look on my face in a race as i leave um in the dust :finger:
Old 12-14-2001, 04:17 PM   #10
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
whether your faster ot not a rwd civic would be 10 times cooler, id trade my car for it. and i seriously doubt youd leave it...
LjasonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 08:44 PM   #11
eightysix
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to eightysix Send a message via Yahoo to eightysix
Anything could happen with the money! So be a pimp :smoka:
Old 12-29-2001, 03:47 PM   #12
Craig The Unholy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Craig The Unholy
it's rumored that someone in Atlanta has it done in his civic. **RUMORED** i won't believe it until i see it. seems kinda of pointless to me. for the amount of money it would cost to do that...why not just buy an S2000?
Old 12-31-2001, 06:08 PM   #13
sweetcarz.com
Banned

Send a message via AIM to sweetcarz.com
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig The Unholy
it's rumored that someone in Atlanta has it done in his civic. **RUMORED** i won't believe it until i see it. seems kinda of pointless to me. for the amount of money it would cost to do that...why not just buy an S2000?
ya, I can smash that rumor, it was not true, months before that he claimed to have a 1,000hp s2000 which was funny becuase my friend lost his rear differntial using a 50 shot on an s2k. The fact is that no one besides Honda produces a rear differental for the car, so this kid is really smart or dumb, plus when someone offered to race him....and he said for 3 grand, the guy said ok and he has not been seen since, I think he is a sack of bs. Also keep in mind that motor is not that impressive outside of the s2000.....and the motor is quite expensive.
sweetcarz.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 03:28 PM   #14
Craig The Unholy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Craig The Unholy
Quote:
Originally posted by sweetcarz.com

ya, I can smash that rumor, it was not true, months before that he claimed to have a 1,000hp s2000 which was funny becuase my friend lost his rear differntial using a 50 shot on an s2k. The fact is that no one besides Honda produces a rear differental for the car, so this kid is really smart or dumb, plus when someone offered to race him....and he said for 3 grand, the guy said ok and he has not been seen since, I think he is a sack of bs. Also keep in mind that motor is not that impressive outside of the s2000.....and the motor is quite expensive.
haha, gotcha....thanks for clearing that up!!
Old 01-04-2002, 10:01 AM   #15
Trinity
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Trinity Send a message via Yahoo to Trinity
i knwo where a motor and rear diff are at for 4500.

I'm the SPCA for EF's
2 88 crx si's
90 crx hf
90 crx si
89 civic dx
91 civic std

New edition - 90 civic std
Trinity is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical