Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 09:43 AM   #1
dslkicksass
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to dslkicksass
Ex head, DX motor

Hey i have a dx hatch back and i want to throw on some ex parts so i can beat ex's cuase of my weight. Right now i have an ex intake manifold and an ex throttle body. Next i want to add a Ex head and wire up the vtech(lol im joking. Vtec. (sorry i had to say it since everyone else does.) How easy is it to swap the heads? Will it be a direct bolt on? How much HP can i gain? How much will it improve my quarter time? My friend with a hatch has an ex intake mani n ex throttle body with just an exhaust on a dx hatch n he runs a 16.3(slow as shit but quick for a dx). Some please let me know. Ty
dslkicksass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 01:37 PM   #2
YOUNGSTER
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to YOUNGSTER Send a message via MSN to YOUNGSTER Send a message via Yahoo to YOUNGSTER
well you wanna go for the mini v tec if i were you i would just save up and get a swap but hey thats me
i would guess that that swap of the head would require a machinest to drill some oil holes like on ls v tec conversions
im not sure but ive heard that stock ex's run about the same has a dx hatch because of the power to weight ratio ........ hey im probably wrong what do i know im only 17
YOUNGSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 01:38 PM   #3
YOUNGSTER
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to YOUNGSTER Send a message via MSN to YOUNGSTER Send a message via Yahoo to YOUNGSTER
i think you also need the ex head gasket
Old 10-24-2002, 02:34 PM   #4
dslkicksass
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to dslkicksass
fuck it ill just go with my initial dream (gs-r swap). Thanks for your help any way
dslkicksass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 12:21 AM   #5
YOUNGSTER
AF Enthusiast

any time man thats whats this forum is for to get help lol i know ive gotten lots here
Old 11-03-2002, 05:27 PM   #6
5genhbtrubo15
AF Newbie

Talking mini me

dude you have the right idea and you will need a 1.5 head gasket you will have right at 11:1 comp and you will have to get ether a vtec conrtoller or a ex p28 ecu. the differance is that the 1.5 head has a 48cc head whill the 1.6 has a 42cc head in a d16z6 10.5:1 pistons are still -.4dish the 1.5s have flat to pistons you will get 15-20hp w/vtec contoller 20-25hp and its not a hard swap just take your time and it would be a good time to put in some forged pistions good luck see ya:frog:
5genhbtrubo15 is offline   Reply With Quote