Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Aston Martin > Vanquish
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 04:56 PM   #1
TheScientist
Banned

Aston Martin Vanquish Roadster by Zagato

This new design by Zagato will be another special edition of Aston Martin. This is just a concept, and unlike the DB7 Zagato and the AR1 Roadster, Aston says there are no immediate plans to produce this 5.9-liter 460 HP V12 2-Seater. The rear as you can see looks like the AR1. Unlike the AR1, which has no top at all, this concept will feature a removable hardtop for the winterand a snap on softtop for the summer, which sounds to be inconvenient to me.

I was never a big fan of Zagato's rear designs for these Astons. But what do you think about this concept?

TheScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 09:25 PM   #2
MITSU-EVO
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to MITSU-EVO
Re: Aston Martin Vanquish Roadster by Zagato

[quote=TheScientist]This new design by Zagato will be another special edition of Aston Martin. This is just a concept, and unlike the DB7 Zagato and the AR1 Roadster, Aston says there are no immediate plans to produce this 5.9-liter 460 HP V12 2-Seater.

I was never a big fan of Zagato's rear designs for these Astons. But what do you think about this concept?QUOTE]

I could not agree more about Zagato's rear designs. The Vanquish is a fantastic car, however the rear of the convertible looks "JUST AWFUL". I honestly love all Astons in the market right now(DB9, V12 Vanquish) but this car looks like "having excessive amounts of spice on the most delicious sirloin steak" Just ruined... I'm glad that Aston Martin does not consider producing it...

P.S. If you ever saw the Bertone concept for Aston, you would think this is the sweetest looking car ever. I swear to God it looks hideous. Supposedly both Bertone and Zagato are successful design companies.

I DIG EXOTICS!!!
MITSU-EVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 09:09 AM   #3
atticusfinch
AF Regular

The Zagato concept looks ok but I agree that the rear lights don't do anything for the design. I doubt a convertible Vanquish will ever be produced but who knows.
atticusfinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 06:54 AM   #4
vanquish89
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to vanquish89

as well as the zagato roadster, there is a firm in the uk which have converted a vanquish into a convertible. the following link has some impressive pics although i am a bit dubious about the hood :-S..... http://www.astonmartins.com/v12vanq/...nquish_NCE.htm
Old 08-23-2004, 09:21 AM   #5
atticusfinch
AF Regular

Re: Re: Aston Martin Vanquish Roadster by Zagato

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanquish89
as well as the zagato roadster, there is a firm in the uk which have converted a vanquish into a convertible.
Actually it's a California based company which specializes in converting vehicles to convertibles, anything from SUVs to sedans and anything else for that matter. Most of their work is pretty horrid. I think Zagato did a far better job than HCE in making a convertible Vanquish, the bulge on the trunk doesn't look very good.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:51 AM   #6
vanquish89
AF Newbie

sorry i thought it was a uk firm as it said newport which is where the vanquish is built. i do appologise. also i do agree that zagato did a better job than nec. a lot neater in my opinion.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:30 PM   #7
atticusfinch
AF Regular

Have you ever been to Newport Pagnell vanquish89?

I went for a tour back in '97 when the V8 was still in production, a truly amazing experience. Seeing the craftsmen beating the panels by hand was incredible. I also had the honour of being guided by the late Roger Stowers, probably the most knowledgeable man ever about Aston Martins.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:13 PM   #8
vanquish89
AF Newbie

No i have enquired about it on numerous occations but i got told that because of the huge uptake on the Vanquish they did not have time for tours. although i would of loved to of met Rodger Stowers! I am rather jealous of u i must admit!
Old 04-17-2006, 08:16 AM   #9
vanquish s
AF Newbie

Cool Re: Aston Martin Vanquish Roadster by Zagato

i think the rear end of the zagato is not great the boot is to upright and the lights at the rear could have been better the front interior is to heavy on one colour eg:red there needs to be less red(what ever colour it is)leather
vanquish s is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Aston Martin > Vanquish