Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 09:18 PM   #1
vayyer
AF Newbie

Question Honda Accord starting Problem

I have a 2000 Honda Accord EX v6 and I have been taking it the dealer for regular maintanance and Oil Change but ,

today I noticed my Car would not start

I can hear the engine start , but when I put the Grear (automatic ) in either reverse or D4 the engine will stop.

Then I waited for some time and restarted it and It was OK

Can anybody please tell me why this happened ?

any input is appreciated

Thanks in advance
vayyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 09:50 PM   #2
91civicDXdude
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to 91civicDXdude
you might try the Accord V6 forum.. its dedicated solely to your car.

http://4thgencivic0.tripod.com
91civicDXdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 07:09 AM   #3
HONDA_99
AF Fanatic

Re: Honda Accord starting Problem

i believe its EGR system give you this problem. there are few people with same issue as your, if you want to see what they expirenced and they tryed to solve it you need to click here
if your car under waranty go to dealer, and if not i would still talk to dealer to find out if your car is part of recall. some 2000 AV6 were recalled for EGR system repair.
Suspension: Eibach Sportlines, Koni Sport, Comptech Sway Bars & Neuspeed upper strut bar.
Wheels: 17x7 OZ Racing Superleggara & 215/50 Dunlop Sport A2
Brakes: Legend GS 2 Piston Calipers, Goodridge SS Lines, Endless Nova Pads
HONDA_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 01:43 PM   #4
vayyer
AF Newbie

Smile

Thanks for all the info I am taking my car to the Dealer on Wed . Will update the posting.
vayyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 10:54 AM   #5
TRUV6
AF Newbie

Hey guys I have a 2000 Honda Accord Ex V6 Coupe, and i've been having the same exact problem. Some days when i've driven the car around doing errands, I would get back in my car after leaving it for ten min, and try to start my car, then my car would start but the rpm would go down to zero and my car would die. I would have to start it and press the gas right away for a few min until the rpm would stay above zero, I really need to know if there is a site to go on to check if there was a recall on this problem...I really don't trust Honda, cause they've screwed me over a few times. Any help would be great, thanks!
TRUV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 07:52 PM   #6
lorunner
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Honda Accord starting Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUV6
Hey guys I have a 2000 Honda Accord Ex V6 Coupe, and i've been having the same exact problem. Some days when i've driven the car around doing errands, I would get back in my car after leaving it for ten min, and try to start my car, then my car would start but the rpm would go down to zero and my car would die. I would have to start it and press the gas right away for a few min until the rpm would stay above zero, I really need to know if there is a site to go on to check if there was a recall on this problem...I really don't trust Honda, cause they've screwed me over a few times. Any help would be great, thanks!
sounds like a main fuel relay!
lorunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 09:12 AM   #7
ANTONIO D COLE
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Honda Accord starting Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorunner
sounds like a main fuel relay!
Hello all. I am new to this forum as you can see. I had the same problem about 3 weeks ago and it was in fact the main relay. I have had no problems since.
ANTONIO D COLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 12:30 AM   #8
eastsidestu
AF Newbie

Defective Fuel Pressure Regulator

Cool, I finally bought a non-American engineered car (2004 Accord EX) and within the first 1000 miles I have a defective fuel pressure regulator. On top of that they said the part won't come in for two days and I'm driving a stripped down Civiv loaner! I'm so excited that I now own America's favorite car! Gee whiz, how lucky I am!
eastsidestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 04:47 PM   #9
ImportChickV6
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ImportChickV6 Send a message via Yahoo to ImportChickV6

i have an 03 with starting issues actually....every couple weeks it will happen. if the car sits for a while, and i try to start it...it just turns over, or it's very delayed.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:59 PM   #10
happydrocca98
AF Newbie

hey it could be the radiator but I doubt it. I went to some problems like that with my car to back when I first got it. I got a 98 and back then when I start my engine I would here a certain out of the ordinary problem. I drove my car for like 3 months or around there until I got my timing belt change and I realize the out of ordinary noise that comes on when I start my car was from the radiator. all the lights came on but I was still able to drive for a day. I got that fix but since you guys got 2000 models I wouldn't really know the problem all I can think of is the radiator because that also has to deal with starting the car.
happydrocca98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 10:47 PM   #11
happydrocca98
AF Newbie

whoops my bad I fix the altenator =) hahahahaha but yeah just giving some ideas I hope my car doesn't automatically out of no where doesn't start also.....even though I feel like it's about to do that on me
happydrocca98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 12:22 AM   #12
red99accord
AF Newbie

it could be you need your fuel filter changed also might check into that. I had that problem in my99 accord and somone suggested I change the fuel filter and it hasnt done it since
red99accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 12:15 PM   #13
Navy I.C.
AF Enthusiast

yesterday my wife was coming home in her 99accord and she said the car started putt-putt puttin.
i tried to start the car when i got home and it started putting and then cut off.
i checked the oil, it was about a quart low. when i filled it, i tried to start it again. the starter would turn and turn, but it wouldn't start.
can someone help me...
Old 09-23-2004, 02:20 AM   #14
whatsupzaflo
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to whatsupzaflo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy I.C.
yesterday my wife was coming home in her 99accord and she said the car started putt-putt puttin.
i tried to start the car when i got home and it started putting and then cut off.
i checked the oil, it was about a quart low. when i filled it, i tried to start it again. the starter would turn and turn, but it wouldn't start.
can someone help me...

Look. The most widely found honda problem ive seen has something to do with the fuel pump, or the main fuel relay. I had a car that did the exact same thing but it was a little bit older model. I found out that the wire to the relay was hashed, and very decayed so i had to replace it. After it was replaced, the car worked fine.
whatsupzaflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 08:24 PM   #15
Navy I.C.
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Honda Accord starting Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsupzaflo
Look. The most widely found honda problem ive seen has something to do with the fuel pump, or the main fuel relay. I had a car that did the exact same thing but it was a little bit older model. I found out that the wire to the relay was hashed, and very decayed so i had to replace it. After it was replaced, the car worked fine.
thanx for the help, but i just found out she filled the tank with diesel fuel...