Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 12:31 PM   #1
voicekiller
AF Newbie

Acura NSX Successor To Boast V10 Powerplant, but what about SH-AWD

Honda has confirmed that the next NSX will have what it always needed, more power, coming from a V10. I'm just curious what everyone's opinion is on whether it should also include SH-AWD.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=106539

Acura NSX Successor To Boast V10 Powerplant
Date Posted 07-20-2005

TOKYO — Just days after announcing NSX production would end this year, Honda has confirmed there would be an NSX for a new era, complete with V10 power.

Honda has kept its groundbreaking all-aluminum Acura NSX supercar in production since 1990. Inside the company, there have been many plans for a successor, including the HSC concept shown at the 2003 Tokyo Motor Show.

At one point, Honda president Takeo Fukui told Automotive News Honda would build an NSX successor out of the HSC by 2005. But that plan didn't materialize and work on a new NSX actually stopped.

However, when Honda announced on July 12 that NSX production would end this year, it also said it was working on a "new sports car for a new era," incorporating Honda's most advanced technology.

Now Honda has fulfilled the dreams of enthusiasts worldwide by announcing plans for a new NSX, with a V10 engine, arriving in 2008-'09. That would cure one of the oft-quoted problems with the NSX, especially in the U.S. — too few cylinders.

A new Acura supercar would also be just the ticket to compete against Nissan's 2007 GT-R and a production Lexus LF-A. Honda clearly didn't want to be left behind in the new Japanese supercar race, so it's decided on a full attack.

A first concept will likely appear toward the end of 2006 or early 2007, said a top Honda manager.

What this means to you: Despite its age, the Acura NSX is still thrilling to see and drive. Just imagine what an all-new V10 version for the modern era must be like. We're guessing there won't be a hybrid version.
voicekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 05:07 PM   #2
voicekiller
AF Newbie

Re: Acura NSX Successor To Boast V10 Powerplant, but what about SH-AWD

I guess Honda's kind of answered my question for me. They've just annouced that the next NSX will include SH-AWD.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=106876

Acura Says NSX Replacement May Be All-Wheel Drive
Date Posted 08-16-2005

TOKYO — The successor to the Acura NSX, which arrives in 2008, may feature Honda's high-performance all-wheel-drive system.

"Of course, we're thinking" about combining all-wheel drive with the V10, Takeo Fukui, Honda's president, told Automotive News. "The SH-AWD is Honda's core technology, and using this well is the next step."

SH-AWD, short for Super Handling All-Wheel Drive, is the first system of its kind to distribute optimum torque between the front and rear wheels and between the left and right rear wheels. Honda has said it intends to use the system on future high-performance Acuras, the brand's upscale models.

Honda has said the NSX successor will not be front-wheel drive. Production of the current rear-drive, midengine two-seater is scheduled to stop at the end of 2005.

What this means to you: High-performance all-wheel drive sounds like the perfect match for Honda's V10 engine in the next-generation NSX.
voicekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 04:03 PM   #3
RSX-S777
AF Enthusiast

I think a V-10 with AWD would be a jawdropper. The NSX never gained much respect due to it's substandard power (for a supercar). I do hope AWD and increased hp make it into more of the affordable Honda products as mentioned. It would be nice to have a product that could compete stock with the Sti, for example.

I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell...
RSX-S777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 02:36 PM   #4
Twyzz
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Twyzz
the new NSX will mop the floor with STI
Twyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:22 AM   #5
MahdiVR-4
AF Regular

but would the price stay the same?? and what would happen to the vlaue of 04/05/06 nsx??
MahdiVR-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:32 PM   #6
crorc
AF Newbie

crorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:45 PM   #7
fierangero
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to fierangero Send a message via MSN to fierangero Send a message via Yahoo to fierangero

better keep it as a MR platform... that concept pic looks a lot like the 06 eclipse concept art looked

my baby: 1986 Fiero GT: v6, automatic, 2.8L, 2.02/1.60 heads, Crane Performance Cam, Ported/polished exhaust manifolds, taylor plug wires, low temp thermostat and fan switch. WCF catback exhaust

She's done!
fierangero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 07:06 PM   #8
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

if the hsc will implement a v-10 motor, it better have lot more than 400hp. im not saying 400 hp is bad, but for a v-10, it should be in the 500 range. just my 2 cents.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:35 PM   #9
Densis
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crorc
Zaebisi bratuha!!!
Densis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:39 PM   #10
partygirl
AF Newbie