Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Challenger
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 12:50 PM   #1
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Do not buy a dodge

Family member has a 2013 dodge. water pump leaks. dealership/dodge corp has NO water pumps. 5.7L hemi

dealership will no give a vehicle to use. dealership says if the engine blows up dodge will replace it. corp says its a big problem to get parts now ????

dealership cannot get parts from a dealership that has the part ????

must get part from dodge corp only... cannot put in a water pump that is a dodge OEM pump if I bought it. it must be from dodge corp direct.

60K miles. dealership has 5 cars waiting for this water pump !!!!!

SO DO NOT BUY A DODGE STAY AWAY OR SELL IT TRADE IT IN BEFORE THE SH*T HITS THE FAN....
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 05:47 PM   #2
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Re: Do not buy a dodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by j cAT View Post
Family member has a 2013 dodge. water pump leaks. dealership/dodge corp has NO water pumps. 5.7L hemi

dealership will no give a vehicle to use. dealership says if the engine blows up dodge will replace it. corp says its a big problem to get parts now ????

dealership cannot get parts from a dealership that has the part ????

must get part from dodge corp only... cannot put in a water pump that is a dodge OEM pump if I bought it. it must be from dodge corp direct.

60K miles. dealership has 5 cars waiting for this water pump !!!!!

SO DO NOT BUY A DODGE STAY AWAY OR SELL IT TRADE IT IN BEFORE THE SH*T HITS THE FAN....
Have it towed to your place and install a new or rebuilt water pump. If you believe they will warranty knowing you have a bad water pump I personally think they will not. I even doubt will install gaskets free.
Your always free to call a tow truck and have the vehicle to an independent garage. Dealers buy from Napa all the time I've seen delivery trucks their all the time.
You could also tell them to order a rebuilt and install it or you will have it towed. I seriously doubt a 2013 which is four years old is under warranty.

Last edited by rhandwor; 02-04-2017 at 09:22 AM.
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:15 AM   #3
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandwor View Post
Have it towed to your place and install a new or rebuilt water pump. If you believe they will warranty knowing you have a bad water pump I personally think they will not. I even doubt will install gaskets free.
Your always free to call a tow truck and have the vehicle to an independent garage. Dealers buy from Napa all the time I've seen delivery trucks their all the time.
You could also tell them to order a rebuilt and install it or you will have it towed. I seriously doubt a 2013 which is four years old is under warranty.
vehicle is under warranty. they fixed leaking valve cover driver side. they also did inspect and did see water pump leak out the bearing. they said full factory warranty no cost BUT as I stated no pump available now.

no pump has come in yet . they say maybe next week .

since they did not respond properly dodge corp. was contacted and did verify it is fully under warranty. also that this is a big problem...
Old 02-04-2017, 11:43 AM   #4
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

I thought they were trying to get them to purchase a new pickup and install a water pump as soon as the deal was finalized.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:23 PM   #5
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
I thought they were trying to get them to purchase a new pickup and install a water pump as soon as the deal was finalized.
this is a dodge challenger 2013 2door coupe manual tranny. 5.7L hemi engine.

original family member owner since new.
do not buy dodge is because the warranty sucks .
Old 02-05-2017, 10:17 AM   #6
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Try calling another Dodge dealer within 25 miles of where the vehicle is located ask if they stock the water pump for this car. If it's stocked or available next day. If it was my vehicle I would complain an if they did nothing I would have towed to dealer who has a pump.
In my area they have a big warehouse in Atlanta and shipments between dealers.
This is not a rare engine and should be readily available.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252138291227/www.ebay.com/
Old 02-06-2017, 03:23 PM   #7
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Try calling another Dodge dealer within 25 miles of where the vehicle is located ask if they stock the water pump for this car. If it's stocked or available next day. If it was my vehicle I would complain an if they did nothing I would have towed to dealer who has a pump.
In my area they have a big warehouse in Atlanta and shipments between dealers.
This is not a rare engine and should be readily available.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252138291227/www.ebay.com/
have to pay for a rental vehicle tomorrow. water pump has arrived to the dealership today. I will post back what happened.

I said before no water pumps around here. dodge corp. had to get one shipped out. called other dealerships they did not have part.

you can buy a mopar water pump factory on many web sites/non dodge dealerships ... they [DODGE ] WILL NOT WARRANTY THE USE /INSTALL OF THESE PART SUPPIERS .............So that is why we had to wait so as to not cause a warranty excuse to cover the defects.. violation of warranty NOT GOOD..
Old 02-08-2017, 02:42 PM   #8
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by j cAT View Post
so they finally replaced water pump. now the rear end diff needs replacing another reason do not buy dodge .. under warranty. service manager says another common failure.

so far now 4 days have to pay for a rental car to get to work , this sucks.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:30 PM   #9
j cAT
AF Fanatic

REPLACED THE REAR DIFF. warranty . gear oil perfect they said it is another common failure. something in the diff was broken could not handle the engine torque [weak diff]...

no car rental coverage 2 days to fix.

SO DO NOT BUY A DODGE STAY AWAY OR SELL IT TRADE IT IN BEFORE THE SH*T HITS THE FAN....[/quote]

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Challenger