Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 11:35 AM   #1
3rdMARTINI
AF Newbie

Condenser Fan Issues

I have a 2000 SE and read the thread about the high pressure line on the AC system. I ran some leak sealant through the system and all seems to be OK, but it's not getting super cool. I checked everything and noticed that my condenser fan is not coming on at all. Before going and buying a new fan, I wondered if anyone knew if there was a thermostat connected to the fan that I could look at first. If I could bypass that and see if the fan runs, a thermostat is usually way cheaper to replace. Thanks in advance!
3rdMARTINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 03:14 PM   #2
OffroadX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to OffroadX
Re: Condenser Fan Issues

The fan is noted to come on rarely, if ever, even when you might think conditions would warrant it. Doubt it's an issue, especially considering it was dropped entirely for the 2001 models and beyond.
OffroadX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 03:20 PM   #3
3rdMARTINI
AF Newbie

fascinating. I guess my next point of suspicion would be the compressor?
Old 06-03-2004, 04:07 PM   #4
OffroadX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to OffroadX

You can buy a pressure gauge similar to a tire pressure gauge to check the pressure in the system for a few bucks.
OffroadX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 04:57 PM   #5
3rdMARTINI
AF Newbie

I have that gauge. Do I check it when the A/C is running or when the car is off? What would be an acceptable pressure?
Old 07-20-2004, 06:19 PM   #6
flyins2k
AF Newbie

if you dont have enogh fliud in the system the fan wont kick on (its controled by the pressures) but dont be to quick to run down to the schmuks auto store and dump a can of refrigerant into the system. there is a comin mistake made that if you just shove more ref into the system it will blow cooler but it will f things up over time. as far as the compressors go they dont go out to often, the key to keepin a compressor alive is to run it because running it keeps it lubricated, on old systems in the winter when the ac would get ran the seals would get dry and there for fail. On new sysetems when you turn on the defrost the ac comp kick on there for being lubricated all year long.....so in other words unless you have ac experiance AND the proper tools (vacum pump, set of gauges..real one, and a recovery machine) just let the pros handle it and it will be done right the first time
flyins2k is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail