Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 04:00 PM   #16
ivymike1031
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ivymike1031 Send a message via Yahoo to ivymike1031
Re: Re: Lube control / Fuel Power

[quote=tjfree]ivymike, I don't sell this stuff!!!! Wow your an idiot. [quote]

Oh, wait, I misunderstood everything! You mean you're not trying to convince people to buy this crap?

For future reference, I believe you meant to use "you're," not "your" in your previous sentence. You'd sound a whole lot smarter if you knew the difference between the two. "You're" is contraction - it's a combination of "you" and "are." The apostrophe holds the place of the missing letters. "Your" is an adjective used to indicate possession. "You are an idiot."
Old 11-12-2003, 10:30 PM   #17
tjfree
AF Newbie

ivymike, sorry, I forgot about checking my spelling for you. And, i repeat I ain't selling, just wanted to tell of a good product I found and have used. What is your problem? I think it's great to have a place where people can share ideas and products.

I'm not going to spell check this either as this just an auto forum not some english essay....get a life.
tjfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 01:29 AM   #18
lwsurf84
AF Newbie

easy!!!

Wow I leave for a few days and everyone goes ballistic over two products what is the deal??? If you have proof that these products do or do not work than please by all means let everyone know what you think other wise your just talking out of you’re a**. And that is a waste of everyone’s time.

Thank tjfree never knew there was a website!!!
lwsurf84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 01:36 AM   #19
lwsurf84
AF Newbie

auto-rx

No one answered me on the auto-rx!!
lwsurf84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 05:34 PM   #20
FuelSaver
AF Newbie

Quote:
...and my oil is almost as clean 7,000 miles later as when I put it in. If those aren’t signs that this stuff is working than please tell me what should I look for to make sure I am not getting ripped off.
the oil is supposed to get dirty in a running engine. The minute carbon particles (resulting from the burning process) and the sludge are supposed to be kept "in suspension" in the oil by the additives (turning the oil color dark). If you get the oil clean it means the dirt deposits in your engine instead of being flushed with the oil. That's bad imo.

Fuel Saver
FuelSaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 05:39 PM   #21
FuelSaver
AF Newbie

FuelSaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 04:51 PM   #22
tjfree
AF Newbie

Fuel Saver,

That forum is were I found Lube Control and Fuel Power. LC and FP are great prodcuts as is Auto RX (used it many times in various cars).

However if I use LC on a consitant bases I should not need to use Auto RX.

Terry Dyson recommends all 3 products.

Last edited by tjfree; 06-23-2004 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:12 AM   #23
SaabJohan
AF Enthusiast

Re: Lube control / Fuel Power

Do you guys know that high performance oils actually have less cleaning addetives in them! These packages are made and tested by people that have knowledge about oil instead for making silly claims in ads.

Furthermore, I still find it funny that anyone can claim that adding a small percentage of addetive in the fuel can decrease the fuel consumption by the numbers mentioned earlier when it's known that all hydrocarbons that have energy contents much higher than gasoline are gases!

There are no car manufacturer that recommend using any addetives, also, in all real tests I've seen the "snake" products have shown that they can't do what they say, and even sometimes they might damage your engine.
SaabJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:03 PM   #24
tjfree
AF Newbie

SaabJohn,

Why must you keep posting on this thread? If you don't like these products why bother?

Anyway, besides the testamonials from many people over at www.bobistheoilguy.com for LC and FP as well as Auto-RX I know these products work from my own experience.

It's funny that people who buy high performance oils also buy LC. Lube Control and Fuel Power work, it' been proven over and over.

I will agree with you that most additives (slick 50, prolong, gumout, ect.) are snake oil and will dmg your engine. They are completely different products than the ones mentioned above.

Also, car manufacturers do not recommend using additives because most of them suck and they make a broad statement to cover themselves.