Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network
Auto Collision Network The forum for Automotive and Collision repair schools, instructors, teachers and individuals in the industry helping to produced better qualified employees. In association with A.D.Smith NACAT, CRIN, ASA.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
emd023
AF Newbie

collision chaos

my roommate hit the back of my 2006 grand Cherokee the other day. he cracked the bumper in a few places and left some scuffs. I took it to the auto body for an estimate and it turned out to be around $800. They want to replace the entire bumper. are they ripping me off? there are 2 cracks one in the center which is about an inch long and the second is on the bottom lip of the bumper. is there anything inside the bumper that could be broken? or should i just get the cracks fixed?
emd023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #2
djrichmond
AF Newbie

Re: collision chaos

If by 'cracks' you mean the bumper is completely broken through than yes it would be more cost effective to replace the bumper. They can be fixed, but after your labor costs you would more than likely be paying more than you would have if you just got a new one...
djrichmond is offline   Reply With Quote