Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mini > Mini 1 | Cooper | Countryman
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 08:43 PM   #1
tek
AF Newbie

Issue after changing clutch slave, bled wrong?

Ok so i just replaced a badly leaking slave cylinder on a 2005 mini cooper s, everything went together fine, bolted up and all. I began bleeding the system by gravity, then used some smooth pedal presses. after which i pressed and unpressed the slave cylinder(opening and closing valve where appropriate), and am no longer able to get any bubbles out of the system no matter what id do, yet.. The pedal drops right to the floor and im guessing(dont have another set of eyes) that the slave cylinder isn't moving. So rebleed everything i can, no bubbles come out. question is now, how do i bleed the clutch master cylinder? when i disconnected the slave im sure air went in the line(and no pressure bleader here), so how can i get the top most air out(which at this point i believe to be the problem).

When the bleeder valve is closed i can press the clutch repetedly(slowly) and get no fluid change nor do i see any drips or leaks from other areas(certainly not the new slave).

Any help or advice is much appriciated.

Ty
elevation ran at 4,500
tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 09:33 PM   #2
tek
AF Newbie

Re: Issue after changing clutch slave, bled wrong?

UPDATE:

The problem lies in the master cylinder now im sure. i can see the lack of resistance(and hydrolic pressure) stems from the brake master cylinder or air in the line at the upper most part. But if there were air in the line wouldnt it be replaced with fluid with all the pumping i have done?

Is it possible that during the bleeding process i have damaged the clutch master cylinder? because it seems to not be pumping at all(pedal almost falls to the floor when you touch it).

Ideas appriciated
elevation ran at 4,500
tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:09 AM   #3
samby.anis
AF Newbie

Re: Issue after changing clutch slave, bled wrong?

Check the master cyllinder.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mini > Mini 1 | Cooper | Countryman