Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Entourage
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 04:41 PM   #1
D2Lynch
AF Newbie

07 Entourage

So it looks like this may be the virgin post for the Hy Entourage. As someone who is looking a buying an 07 Limited with all options, I don't know if the lack of information is a good thing or a bad thing.
Either everyone is so happy with the van they are too busy driving it to complain or comment on it, or people who buy minivans are too embarased to admit they drive one.

If anyone who owns one, please give out some feed back on how the entourage is working out for you.
D2Lynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:09 PM   #2
lowsonoma1999
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via AIM to lowsonoma1999
Re: 07 Entourage

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2Lynch
So it looks like this may be the virgin post for the Hy Entourage. As someone who is looking a buying an 07 Limited with all options, I don't know if the lack of information is a good thing or a bad thing.
Either everyone is so happy with the van they are too busy driving it to complain or comment on it, or people who buy minivans are too embarased to admit they drive one.

If anyone who owns one, please give out some feed back on how the entourage is working out for you.
Well, I don't own one, but working at the dealership, I've driven one a few times to deliver some parts. It was a Limited as well. I was quite impressed with it. If my wife was into minivans, I would have preferred her to get one instead of the '06 Envoy I bought in July. Anyways, I was quite comfortable in it, and it rides nice and quiet. As far as reliability, we haven't seen too many issues with it. The only thing I can remember having to replace under warranty was a body control module on one. Other than that, nothing else is coming to mind.
17665 Terry Lee Crossing
Noblesville, IN 46060
lowsonoma1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:52 PM   #3
Dave In Texas
AF Newbie

My wife and I haved talked about getting one. I know according to the Hyundai dealer, they're rated higher than all others. The warranty is the best with 10 yrs, 100,000 miles and they're less expensive. Looks like you get more standard options for your money too.
Dave In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:26 PM   #4
L8erG8er
AF Newbie

I just bought a GLS (base model) a couple of months ago. My wife and I love the van. So far, it has run great and it serves its purpose well.

The only problem I've run into with it is a phantom P0128 code on the computer (Thermostat). Hyundai thought that it might be because of the Entourage computer reflash campaign, but it turned out that my van was too new for that. So a Hyundai engineer is now looking into why the code is popping up intermittently.

Physically, there is nothing wrong with the van, and we still think it was a great buy. Even the GLS comes with more standard features than some others on the market.
L8erG8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:29 PM   #5
scottso
AF Newbie

I'm actually looking into one right now. I feel I need to apologize whenever I say it, I've ALWAYS had an American nameplate in my driveway - even growing up. But when I think of what my current Chevy Venture has done to me in under 5 years and less than 39,000 miles - I think maybe it's Chevy that should apologize to me. Hope there's no fights with the Camaro (which by the way I love) sitting next to it in the driveway!

Hey L8erG8er - mind me asking what you payed for your GLS?
scottso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:32 AM   #6
timk22
AF Newbie

2/21/09
The problem mentioned below has not occurred since and have not had to bring the van for service for anything else either - still very happy with it (about 20K miles now)

1/6/08
This van has been great until a couple of days ago when the P0128 code came on (thermostat related). Turned it off, but it just came back on with code P0110 (Intake Air Temperature Circuit Malfunction). I reset it again and when it comes back on, I'll have the dealer take a look at it and TSB #07-36-007, which requires a software update to the ECM for these two codes plus P0300 (Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected).

Other than that, it has been a great vehicle for us.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just purchased a Limited with the ultimate package - $4,500 off MSRP with the rebate. All I can say is that it test drove great on 4/28/07 - quiet and comfortable. Sure beats the Ford Freestar in that area and value!

Will pick up 4/30/07 and I'll let you know how it goes.

The dealer actually had to find this one on the boat since there were no black/grey color combinations in his area of 125 dealers.

Check for any info about the 07 Kia Sedona - it's bascially the same vehicle.

Last edited by timk22; 02-21-2009 at 10:33 AM.
timk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:42 AM   #7
scottso
AF Newbie

Yep. I did it too. Bought a Black SE. Want to know what really ticks me off? The battery and air filter are right up top and immediately accessible. I had a 2002 Chevy Venture that took me about an hour to change the air filter. Never had to do the battery, but it was buried. Looked like it would have been close to half an hour of disassembly just to see all of it. Why on earth can't the domestic car companies do this? I really wanted to buy American - but I just couldn't justify the dollars against reputation and what you get.
My Chevy had less than 40K - replaced a wheel bearing, master cylinder, CD player stopped working, power steering pump intermittently groaned and vibrated, had a leak of green fluid (must have been A/C tracer dye cause the antifreeze was orange), had marginal to poor heat (and only after a looooong warm up), and what did it in for me was it started throwing SES codes for low oil pressure and O2 sensor. It was really pathetic - I am hoping for better luck with this car.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:17 AM   #8
hufhouse
AF Regular

We just rented one of these on vacation through Arizona. It only had 9,000 miles on it.

Positives:
- We liked the looks of the van.
- It seemed to have a shorter turning radius than our Pontiac Montana. Easier to park.
- The fold-down rear seats were easy to use. Much better than having to completely remove the seats in our Montana.
- The rear control on the AC was great for us. We have three teenage boys.
- The controls were basic and, for the most part, easy to understand. I had a little trouble figuring out the cruise control. There's a switch behind the steering wheel to turn on the cruise, and it took me a while to figure that out.

Negatives:
- I don't know what engine we had, but the van seemed under-powered. Traveling through the mountains, the van had to downshift TWICE to go up most hills and maintain speed. If you live near mountains, go with a larger engine, if it's available. Our Montana has a V6, and we don't experience that.
- When I was driving in the city and took my foot off the gas, it felt like the transmission or torque converter didn't disengage properly. We would decelerate rapidly rather than coast. That would have been something I would have taken the car back to the dealership about.
- Minor issue: the passenger sliding door didn't lock with the electronic locks. We let Hertz know about that. Hopefully, they'll get it fixed.
hufhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:32 PM   #9
L8erG8er
AF Newbie

Oops, sorry scottso, been away for awhile...I payed about 20Gs for the GLS (I had some discounts and owner loyalty breaks). Hope you're enjoying your SE, that's a nice van.
L8erG8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:37 AM   #10
scottso
AF Newbie

Actually very happy with it - except for one thing. I am waiting (hoping) that the fuel economy improves after breaking in for a while. My wife does a lot of short hops with the kids around town (NJ - so it is really stop and go), with the air on most times. Trip computer has been putting this thing in the high 13's! That stinks. I can do that with my Z28 - faster! I am not real nutty about fuel economy - but come on... I am hoping it gets better than that!
Old 08-04-2007, 07:57 PM   #11
purlsey
AF Newbie

bought it right off the truck, first one sold in the Quad Cities (Iowa) Loved it at first but we have had our share of problems with it. At only 2200 miles the motor went, driving down the road and it just shut off. A piston went right through the motor. They put in a new motor and sent us on our way. Have taken it back for other little things that we were worried about but they didn't find anything wrong. Now at 23000 miles I was stranded along the road for 3 hours because the check engine light came on, I called the service center and they said park it immediatelyand would send a tow for me, three hours later the tow showed up. The dealer says it is the oxygen sensor so now I am waiting for it to be finished. It rides great, we get about 20 mi to gallon but afraid of what will happen next. The dealer says it doesn't get many in with any problems so we must have just got the BIG LEMON so the rest of you can enjoy lol
purlsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:41 PM   #12
krushmoto
AF Newbie

I'm thinking of getting one. The '99 Dodge GC Sport I estimate only has about a yr left in her. Considering price, warranty, options this makes sense to me.
Well it's been about 18 months since the last comment so any comments or words of advice.
Thanks.

PS-I never thought I'd even consider getting a Hundai, remember the Excel!!! LOL Hyundai has come a LOOOOOOOONG WAY!!!!
krushmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:34 AM   #13
timk22
AF Newbie

just bumping this to the end...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timk22 View Post
2/21/09
The problem mentioned below has not occurred since and have not had to bring the van for service for anything else either - still very happy with it (about 20K miles now)

1/6/08
This van has been great until a couple of days ago when the P0128 code came on (thermostat related). Turned it off, but it just came back on with code P0110 (Intake Air Temperature Circuit Malfunction). I reset it again and when it comes back on, I'll have the dealer take a look at it and TSB #07-36-007, which requires a software update to the ECM for these two codes plus P0300 (Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected).

Other than that, it has been a great vehicle for us.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just purchased a Limited with the ultimate package - $4,500 off MSRP with the rebate. All I can say is that it test drove great on 4/28/07 - quiet and comfortable. Sure beats the Ford Freestar in that area and value!

Will pick up 4/30/07 and I'll let you know how it goes.

The dealer actually had to find this one on the boat since there were no black/grey color combinations in his area of 125 dealers.

Check for any info about the 07 Kia Sedona - it's bascially the same vehicle.
timk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:09 PM   #14
John81
AF Newbie

Just a good Korean car, nothing more.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Entourage