Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Starion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 04:00 AM   #1
elevensectalon
AF Newbie

low to no boost?

My friend has an 88' Conquest TSI with exhuast and air box mod, the car should boost 10lbs ,but at full throttle will only boost around 2-4lbs, does anyone know what could cuase this? (has a small stutter around 5 grand also)
elevensectalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:58 AM   #2
AutoBodyGod
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to AutoBodyGod Send a message via MSN to AutoBodyGod Send a message via Yahoo to AutoBodyGod
Unhappy Re: low to no boost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevensectalon
My friend has an 88' Conquest TSI with exhuast and air box mod, the car should boost 10lbs ,but at full throttle will only boost around 2-4lbs, does anyone know what could cuase this? (has a small stutter around 5 grand also)
Check these out for being faulty, WasteGate, AirFlowSensor,FuelPump, Injector plugs for corrosion. If the car has the original type external fuel pump, You can almost bet thats the problem. Ironic as it sounds, this could have failed during the process of modifications. You also might want to check the o2 sensor for being clogged up with carbon. When you modified the airbox, you also modified the fuel consumption.
AutoBodyGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:28 PM   #3
sfc711
AF Newbie

Re: low to no boost?

Go to www.kdmperformance.com and go to Ask Proffessor Quest forum and tell him your problem. He should be able to diagnose the problem for you. Also go to www.starquestclub.com as well as www.tristarion.com. I have a 88 Quest and a 89 Starion as wellas I just got a 98 3000GT SL on Monday. Goodluck and any questions email me anytime at sfc711@cox-internet.com. I am a 41yo retired disabled Army vet with 23yrs in before being injured in Afghan in 20002. All I do now is stay home and play with my cars or online. Later,GAry
sfc711 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Starion