Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LeSabre
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 08:57 PM   #1
Stephian18
AF Newbie

Question Random noise????

Hello, I have a Buick lesabre 1998 V6 3.8L Series 2 engine. 62,500 miles on the dash. I bought the car about 3-4 months ago, had front brake lines done, new front engine cover/timing cover put in, had spark plugs and wires changed less than 1,000 miles ago. I live in PA so most recently in the cold the car has been making a noise when I put it into drive and start to accelerate the car will make a whining/whirring noise and then go away but while this noise is there the car will not move until you let off the gas and the noise stops? It happened the first time when our tire spun in the snow, now it does it about 2-3 times when first running the car and it comes for about 3-5 seconds and then stops. But when my engine is at normal operating temperature is does not make the noise at all? Any and ALL recommendations are appreciated in advance because I cannot wrap my head around it!! Also, seems to be mainly on right turns they don’t have to be sharp turns it while do it at the slightest turn of the wheel when first starting to accelerate.

Also, completely unrelated to that noise, my temperature gauge seems to be starting to go up at stops to reaching about 200 degrees just wondering if this is normal because I have had a lot of issues with vehicles in past because of not catching the problem in time so once again ANY & ALL comments are appreciated.
Stephian18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 09:00 PM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: Random noise????

The 3800 runs around 210 normally.

As for the whirring noise it could be abs related or it could be the transmission pump. Not sure, just throwing guesses out based on your description
Old 04-22-2021, 09:27 PM   #3
Stephian18
AF Newbie

Re: Random noise????

Thanks for the reply!! I’ll check it out I’m gonna take the wheel off the front driver side tomorrow because that seems to be where the noise is located to see if I could possibly notice something either out of place or possibly the cause. There is also NO lights on the dash other than the security light, I keep very high regular maintance on this vehicle. I also have a problem with where my oil pressure does not read on my dash but my oil pressure is good ? I did change oil pressure sensor as well it reads all the way opposite of zero basically sits on dash.
Stephian18 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LeSabre