Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 06:16 PM   #1
89 Caprice
AF Newbie

Any help would be appreciated .

2011 journey with 2.4l engine. It burns a tremendous amount of oil (4-5L/month ) , was told stuck oil rings. Burning this amount of oil for 5 mths. I have recently noticed it having poor throttle response(sluggish). There is new air filter and plugs recently installed also. On take off it is slow at gaining speed to the point where the motor is at high rpm and wont shift into second until the throttle is eased a little, then shifts and works good. When kicked into passing gear same thing (big roar). If you ease into the throttle it work perfect? Engine light did come on once and went back out during passing a vehicle but it was revving pretty high. I put it on a reader and a code 0300(multiple misfire) was present. Did a computer reset and tried it again, this time no code. Engine works perfect (starting, sound, etc.) other than oil. Where should I start, still owe for two more years. I can get the insides taken out of the converter but would the sensors work properly? Could it be the converter or tranny?
89 Caprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:55 PM   #2
harleyguy
AF Regular

Re: Any help would be appreciated .

If you are burning that much oil your plugs are going to go bad pretty quick. This could cause your miss fire (p0300) also if your rings are that bad you could be losing compression. Yes your cat could be plugged (due to oil) yes you can cut it out but your check engine light will be on and it will not run ideal. Over all you really need to address the oil burning problem.
harleyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:53 AM   #3
89 Caprice
AF Newbie

Unhappy Re: Any help would be appreciated .

I can live with the oil burning (20/mth for oil and 25/3 mths), still cheaper than a rebuild of $4000.00, but wanting to know if it would be the tranny. By the time I install everything they want me to remedy the situation (sensors, coil pack, solenoid, etc.) ( a shot in the dark ) it will be costly. I know there must be some tranny guys or gals on here that could point me in the right direction?
89 Caprice is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > General Discussion