Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Intrepid
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
jek4
AF Newbie

Help! Engine/oil problems

Hey...I've got a 2001 Dodge Intrepid with 88k miles. It's been run very well, runs on synthetic oil since I bought it, never really given me any problems.

Last night I went to the store which is about 4 miles away. I shopped for 30 minutes or so before I got back in the car. I drove about 4 miles back and pulled into a turning lane to make a turn into McDonald's. I was sitting for a second when the engine felt like it was going to die. When I pulled forward about 5 feet in the turning lane, the engine cut off and the oil light came on.

I pulled into a McDonald's parking lot and shut the car off. The engine was smoking some and there was a burning smell. I let it sit for 20 minutes or so, and then made another mile trip home. The oil was low (it hadn't been changed in about 4.5 months, although I had only gone 2,000 miles since the last oil change).

I bought 2 quarts of oil the next day and added 1.25 quarts. I let it sit for an hour or so and then started the engine. It makes a loud clicking noise. Can anyone tell me what's wrong?? I posted a video of me starting the engine, the noise from the engine, me revving the engine just a little bit, and then the noise after I let it settle. The engine only ran for a minute. Here's a link to the video on youtube. Help!! I really have no idea what kind of cost/problem I'm looking at here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jWll...ature=youtu.be
jek4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
jkoch53102
AF Newbie

Re: Help! Engine/oil problems

Sounds like a stuck lifter. If so, will need to replace the lifters.
jkoch53102 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
problems
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Intrepid