Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Azera
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 04:55 PM   #1
titaniummd
AF Newbie

Hyundai Azera

The Hyundai Azera is the flagship of this manufacturer. Does anyone have personal experience with this vehicle? Reliability? Problems?
titaniummd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:02 PM   #2
lowsonoma1999
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via AIM to lowsonoma1999
Re: Hyundai Azera

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd
The Hyundai Azera is the flagship of this manufacturer. Does anyone have personal experience with this vehicle? Reliability? Problems?
It's a very nice car, especially for the money. Very roomy, comfy, quiet, smooth ride. Reliability wise, we hardly ever see them in the shop for any work other than oil changes. The only warranty issue I can remember off the top of my head is a wiring problem. Customer uses it for business, and loades the back down with several hundred pounds of who knows what. We believe it somehow stretched the wiring and caused a short. We found it, and fixed it, and no problems since, other than someone pulling out in front of him yesterday and him hitting them. For $30k, you can't beat it.
17665 Terry Lee Crossing
Noblesville, IN 46060
lowsonoma1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:54 PM   #3
AF Newbie

Am thinking of buying a used 2006 azera with 20K miles. does anyone know if the 5 year 50000 and 10 /100,000mi warranties apply to second owners.??
55624096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:42 PM   #4
lowsonoma1999
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via AIM to lowsonoma1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55624096
Am thinking of buying a used 2006 azera with 20K miles. does anyone know if the 5 year 50000 and 10 /100,000mi warranties apply to second owners.??
2nd owners get the 5yr/60k miles bumper to bumper, and the powertrain drops to 5yr/60k miles as well. Only the original owner gets the 10yr/100k mile powertrain.
17665 Terry Lee Crossing
Noblesville, IN 46060
lowsonoma1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:17 PM   #5
Azera Owner
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd
I bought my Azera 2006 on April 18 2007 and right from my first journey home I noticed an unusual noise form the suspension. Four months later, after four visits to my local dealer and after a formal complaint to Hyundai Canada, the problem has still not been resolved.

The attitude of my local dealer has been well below expectation. The dealer service department first indicated that the noise was normal (first appointment), then the sale representative indicated that he would provide an explanation for the noise I was hearing (second appointment), and finally, after two additional appointments with repair being performed I got my vehicle back without any comment, as if the repair were successful, but with absolutely no improvement.

I understand, from how my case has been handled, that the problem is not due to defective parts but is rather caused by a bad design. I understand also that Hyundai Canada is not willing to do something to resolve this issue. My investigations on Internet, where I could find a multitude of other people experiencing the same problem, confirm my understanding.

I sent a formal complaint letter to Hyundai Canada regarding a noisy suspension of my Azera 2006. I explained that I went four times to my local car dealer service department to correct the suspension problem and my car is still clunking like hells. Two weeks after thy received the letter I called for a follow up. After some waiting on the line I got a confirmation that they had received the letter and that they would process the letter the next week. Two week later I called again. After several tries and long waiting I finally got hold of a Hyundai assistant. As the letter was not yet processed I described my problem to him. He informed me that he could not do anything for me and told me to contact my local Hyundai service department. I repeatedly told him that I went four times without success to which I got the same reply. I also repeatedly asked if my letter was going to be addressed and for this I could only get, as an answer, that the letter will be recorded but that I would get no reply.

I went to my local Hyundai dealer for the fifth time. The service manager went for a test drive with my Azera. The service manager admitted, with compassion, that he could hear the noise as well as I did and that it was the result of a combination of a stiff suspension, low profile tiers. He also indicated that all Azera and Sonata have noisy suspension and that my Azera was as any other Azera.

I explained that the test drive I made before I bought the Azera was performed on winter tires and that I would have never bought the car if the drive test had been made on summer tires. I told them that my next action was to return the car and asked that some one form the sales department call me to tell me how much they would give me. I got a replay the next week and they would give me the same amount as any other car dealer and this was 10,000.00$ less than what I paid 5 months earlier. I was also offered to try other tiers but for this I would have to pay around 500.00$ with the exchange of my old tiers.

I'm getting very frustrated every time I drive the Azera. THis is the worst suspension ever and every day it seems to be getting worst.

I do not recommend buying an Azera.
Azera Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 08:24 PM   #6
lamehonda
AF Enthusiast

Would the lemon laws help you in this case. I doubt ALL the cars make that noise. The car mags would have noticed. I would find out what is making the noise and try to remedy it yourself. Might be a simple oversight by the manufacturer. It is a korean car.

"The badge on the car tells you what the car is not who you are."-Says the company with no brand equity.
2005 Nissan Frontier ext cab 4x4 4.0L-Sold
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 500r-Sold
2004 Yamaha FZ1 Silver/Black- Sold
2008 Mazdaspeed 3-In the driveway
lamehonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:51 AM   #7
larry07
AF Newbie

there is a TSB from hyundai front shock absorber replacement hollow knocking noise. Some azera vehicles from dec.5 2005 to feb. 26 2007(built date)
larry07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:51 PM   #8
Jalmir
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azera Owner
I bought my Azera 2006 on April 18 2007 and right from my first journey home I noticed an unusual noise form the suspension. Four months later, after four visits to my local dealer and after a formal complaint to Hyundai Canada, the problem has still not been resolved.
[ ... ]
I do not recommend buying an Azera.
Have you at least tried another dealer???

And as larry said there is a TSB adressing that exact problem, it got out this month (september). Go back again and they'll change the shocks.
Jalmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:10 PM   #9
Azera Owner
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalmir
Have you at least tried another dealer???

And as larry said there is a TSB adressing that exact problem, it got out this month (september). Go back again and they'll change the shocks.
I asked my dealer to look at the TSB 07-50-007. Even if there was no official notice from Hyundai Canada they accepted to replace the shocks with the new one proposed in the TSB.

I got my car back yesterday and unfortunately I see absolutely no improvement. The Azera clunk as bad as before. This was the 6th visit to the dealer to fix that problem and still no improvement.

I'm still reviewing this forum to find a solution.

This is really the worst driving experience I have ever experienced
Azera Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:51 PM   #10
greggreg
AF Newbie

Sorry to hear about Azera Owner's suspension issue. I too noticed that the suspension can be 'noisy' but not nearly as bad as AO claims. Actually, I probably noticed the suspension because the rest of the car is VERY quiet. Engine noise is amazing - next to nothing. I get good gas mileage for a larger car - about 28 highway and 20-21 city. The Azera is a deceivingly large car. I have a 97 Bravada SUV and the Azera is every bit as long as the Bravada. I bought this car used 3 months ago and have been very happy so far.
greggreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:50 AM   #11
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Please check the date of the last post in the thread and do not respond if that date is longer than 3 months from the current date.
From AF's Community Guidelines:
POSTING IN CLOSED OR OUTDATED THREADS:
If a thread has been closed, there is probably a logical reason for it. If you feel that the reason(s) for closure of the original thread are unjustified or wish further clarification feel free to contact any member of the moderating team. However, do not start a new thread about another closed thread.

Please avoid posting or voting in outdated threads. It merely clutters up the message board and makes it more difficult for fellow members to sort through the vast amount of information contained on the boards. If you have new and important information to add regarding a past discussion, feel free to start a new thread and if need be, add a link to the original thread.

The link to these guidelines can be found here:http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...uidelines.html

Closed.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Azera