Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Mechanical > Electrical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Electrical Lucas, need I say more?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
GreenDisco2
AF Newbie

Power Window

Ok I don't know if anyone else harun into this problem, but my passenger side window will not go up or down. Well, it will go down everytime I hit a bump. The motor seems to be working fine and the windo is still connected to the regulator. I just can't figure out how the two are linked. Anyone with alittle insight?
GreenDisco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:58 AM   #2
mwrobe1
AF Newbie

Re: Power Window

Does it go down by itself (meaning without hitting the switch) when hitting a bump? Or will the switch bring the window up/down after hitting a bump. It'd be good to know this. If the switch works after banging the door or the switch itself, pop off the door panel carefully and check that the connectors are tight/or not rusted/corroded. Assuming you have checked obvious relays/fuses...then its either the switch or the motor itself. In my experience...%95 of the time its the motor...not the switch. Swap the switch from the drivers side and see...or if its easier to try out a junkyard/new switch do that...and eliminate that possibility.

Replacing one of these motors is not THAT bad of a job, but you almost HAVE to by a new one...as junkyard ones are hit or miss. I had an old Corsica that needed one, and the damn thing ran $80! It ususally envolves drilling out the factory rivets holding the motor to the door frame, sliding the arm/motor assembly off of the track of the window...pulling that assembly through the barely large enough hole in the door frame , taking the arm off of the old motor, put the arm on the new one, and put it all back together.

Let us know how it turns out. Oh...and if you can do this without tearing the $hit out of your hands...you're a better man than I am.
2013 Chrysler Town & Country Touring
2013 Chevy Impala
2006 Kia Rio LX 80k [SOLD]
1997 Plymouth Voyager 2.4L 180k (headgasket at 75k/tranny at 65k) [SOLD]
mwrobe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:14 AM   #3
Sanorita12
AF Newbie

Re: Power Window

I think the window is got shut completely and it is jammed. do some oiling. and get it re fixed. it should work fine.

Land Rover Performance Parts
Sanorita12 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Mechanical > Electrical