Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 07:04 PM   #1
mannymust
AF Newbie

96 Accord F22B Turbo Forced Induction

I recently bought a 96 Accord with a F22B engine with SOHC. I'm planning on installing a turbonetics kit from ebay. I plan on doing all the work with some mechanic friends. I'm want to replace and strengthen the internals but I'm on a budget. I was looking at pushing 8 PSI of boost and maximum 12 PSI if the engine can take it after improving the internals. I was thinking of going with some eagle H-beam rods and Wiseco piston set. I've been told I may need to upgrade the crankshaft too but all I could find is a Eagle crankshaft set up to be stroked.

Will this set of rods and pistons be enough to handle the boost? If not, what else would I need to upgrade? Should I upgrade the crankshaft with it if running boost or would the rods and pistons be good? What other small parts may I need to swap out besides the rings?

I'm happy to head advice or be pointed towards a related link (could not find one this specific). I'm going to do all the work myself and on the engine provided so please don't suggest a new vehicle, engine or paying a shop. And keep in mind this is on a BUDGET.
mannymust is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
accord , boost , f22 , turbo
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid