Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 01:08 AM   #1
GuyFromRI
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to GuyFromRI
Buying my first big project

Hi! New here and I figured the was a good place to start.

So, as of lately, I've decided that I make enough money and have enough time to buy a good tuner. I've narrowed it down to 3 cars but I want some input from some other enthusiasts. My choices are

1. Genesis Coupe 2.0T -- Found a direct bolt on that boosts hp to 600 safely so thats a big turn on and you have to admit they're sexy.

2. WRX or WRX/STI -- I figure 6 of 1 on these...they can both be built to do amazing things..I just don't know if it's too cliche of a tuner

3. Cobal SS Turbo -- Just an awesome little ride and very surprising -- The turn off here is the lack of available upgrades on the market so far

So those are my options that I've picked out...any input is greatly appeciated.

Thanks in advance!!
GuyFromRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:16 AM   #2
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Re: Buying my first big project

Save up enough to get say the 3,8 Genesis or buy used. You'll just end up throwing away your money for a car that isn't as fast as it should be and isn't reliable. (it you bought the 2.0 and tryed to just throw some bolt on shit at it)

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Shpuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:24 AM   #3
GuyFromRI
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to GuyFromRI

my one issue with the 3.8 is the lack of upgrades. I'll get the inital 300hp...STOP....with the 2.0T, you don't think the potential is there to work with it? It's not some no name turbo company, it's an ATP(Turbokits.com)...idk...it's not a matter of the money with the 3.8 but why settle for a small 6 when the power of the scary little 4 is available
GuyFromRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #4
Shpuker
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyFromRI View Post
my one issue with the 3.8 is the lack of upgrades. I'll get the inital 300hp...STOP....with the 2.0T, you don't think the potential is there to work with it? It's not some no name turbo company, it's an ATP(Turbokits.com)...idk...it's not a matter of the money with the 3.8 but why settle for a small 6 when the power of the scary little 4 is available
Theres no point even trying to upgrade the 2.0. you'll end up spending twice the difference just getting it to the 3.8's stock level. If you can't find any upgrades for the 3.8 your really not looking hard enough cause there are quite a few companies and individuals that have done both high performance and mid range mods with them

Quote:
Your quote here!!!
Shpuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:16 AM   #5
Jamesfranklin
Banned

It is not an economical decision to upgrade an old car by investing thousands of bugs in it. It will be more preferable to buy out a new car in order to save time and timely investment of money from up gradation in an old car.
Jamesfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
cobalt , genesis , sti , turbo , wrx
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A