Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Passat > '97+
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
vsa266
AF Newbie

Question can a broken axle cause abs issues???

This is my first post so please forgive me if its not in the right forum. My mom has a 98 Passat with the 1.8 turbo and around 110k miles, the other day the rs cv axle came apart at the wheel. We towed it to the shop (non dealership) on a car dolly and had the cv axle replaced. But now the ABS light is on and the brake light flashes. The brakes themselves work great with no problems. This was not an issue before the axle came apart. I double checked with the mechanic to make sure the cv axle had the abs ring on it and it did. His computer would not pull the code to see what was going on so no help there. I see there is an issue with the abs module on these vehicles but am wondering if the axle coming apart could have anything to do with the light, if so whats the best way to reset the abs computer to see if the light will come back on. The nearest dealer is two hours away so if I could troubleshoot this myself it would be a big help.
Thanks in advance
vsa266 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Passat > '97+