Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 03:01 AM   #1
kb0nly
AF Newbie

Auto Level Control Solenoid Valve... HELP

Ok, after a lot of work, digging for info, etc.. It turns out that the part i need is the Auto Level Control Solenoid Valve, this is mounted to the back left panel and provides the air fitting for the air hose to fill your tires, etc.

It has two air lines connected to it and one electrical connector. Is someone would be willing to help could you take a picture of this item? I have been trying to find one from salvage yards but they just give me blank stares. The problem is since it's mounted to that interior panel most of the yards around here sell it as part of the interior and it's gone on every vehicle in the darn yard by the time i get there.

If i had a picture of one at least i could use that to further explain what i am looking for.

Better yet, if anyone has a spare from a junked van let me know how much you want for it and i also need one of the metal clips that locks the air line fitting to it.

Thanks in advance!
kb0nly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 06:28 AM   #2
paul.v

Re: Auto Level Control Solenoid Valve... HELP

??? I think you are after RELAY not SOLENOID...Solenoid crossreferences to some sort of exhaust control... it is for a 95...dont know what year yours is??

Last edited by paul.v; 04-13-2006 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:08 AM   #3
kb0nly
AF Newbie

See! Everyone is totally confused about this part. That is exactly what the service manual wiring diagrams refer to it as. This is a 97 Trans Sport with the ELC, Electronic Level Control.

It is NOT a friggin relay, i am so sick of telling everyone that when i ask for it. It's an air solenoid valve located on the back left interior panel, see the air fitting on that panel to the right of the on/off switch? That comes off this component that i am trying to find. When you press the ON button for the compressor to fill you tires or what not using the air hose it engages the timed 10 minute relay and it switches this solenoid to redirect the air from the shocks to the air fitting for the air hose. It has two air lines and the air fitting on it that goes through the panel, one air line is the output from the compressor, the other air line goes down to a "T" fitting in front of the compressor and feeds both shocks.

The dealerships i have talked to try looking it up in their parts list but it's not shown. What the heck is up with that? The part exists, my neighbors van has it, mine should but it was removed by the previous owner and replaced with a fitting to manually air the shocks when the compressor died. I have a tested and working compressor to replace it, but until i find this solenoid valve i can't put it all back together.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:17 AM   #4
kb0nly
AF Newbie

Old 04-12-2006, 11:34 AM   #5
paul.v

"i am so sick of telling everyone that when i ask for it"
Then dont ask!
Old 04-12-2006, 11:47 AM   #6
kb0nly
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.v
"i am so sick of telling everyone that when i ask for it"
Then dont ask!
How about answer correctly?? Your post with the randomly changing pictures of totally unrelated vehicle parts wasn't very helpful.

It is not a damn relay. As the title says...

Auto Level Control Solenoid Valve

I need a GM part number, replacement part number, something to go on so the parts guys can track it down. They just look in their book and if there is nothing there then they say "sorry not available" as if it was never made. I even took the wiring diagram i posted in to a parts place and a dealer parts counter and they just give me odd looks.

You would think that these GM mechanics would be familiar with their own damn product.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:08 PM   #7
kb0nly
AF Newbie

Found one... I will put a photo up later if i get around to it. It is a solenoid valve with an input from the compressor and an output to the shocks, then on the side there is the air fitting that goes through the panel for the air fill hose.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD