Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
3dale1
AF Newbie

kenwood stereo

hello to everyone,

I just bought a 85 corvette a few weeks ago, and it has a newer kenwood cd receiver and a 10 disc changer in the rear. No remote, and it has the rotating faceplate which flips around when the car is turned on or off. The problem is that when I was going through all the buttons to learn the radios' functions, I hit one that made the faceplate rotate back into the radio, and now I can't figure out how to get it back around! Fuses/power are OK, and I disconnected the battery for 20 min hoping to reset something. I'm stumped! Kenwood website didn't help, and I don't even know the model # (I haven't removed the radio from the dash......yet) BTW, if there is a code, I don't have it, or know how to use it. Any ideas out there?
Thanks in advance, Joe
3dale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:05 PM   #2
mx6rrr
AF Regular

Re: kenwood stereo

The best thing is to call Kenwood but you'll need to pull the radio out for model # and serial #, you'll also need a remote if it does need a code. A couple of the newer Kenwood's, you push the upper left corner and the thing flips around...I think it should still turn on even if it needs a code then it should say "code" ....Kenwood customer service: 1-800-KENWOOD. You could also take it to a shop and see what they say...I used to know how to do it, but not off the top of my head right now sorry. If I can find my sheet on how to do it Ill post it for you.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:08 AM   #3
chris15706
AF Regular

Re: kenwood stereo

I have a cd player just like it. Just push the top left corner of the faceplate 1 to 3 times as if there was a button there and it will fold back over.
chris15706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 10:16 PM   #4
3dale1
AF Newbie

Thanks guys, pushing it did the trick
3dale1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio