Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: What do you think of the Cayenne?
It like how it looks and Porsche was smart to make a SUV. 22 51.16%
It looks like ass, but I agree with Porsche attempting to make a SUV. 3 6.98%
Its ugly and Porsche should have never made a SUV. 9 20.93%
It looks pretty cool, but Porsche shouldn't be trying to make a SUV. 9 20.93%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 03:21 PM   #46
Swoxy
AF Enthusiast

At the moment, SUVs are cool. Porsches are sub zero. Therefore the Cayenne is the coolest SUV around. Let me explain with this techincal drawing, bound to offend ...

And I like it.
Old 07-02-2003, 03:56 PM   #47
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Lada ? cool cars, I will buy one. The 110 !!

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Old 07-03-2003, 06:15 AM   #48
dodgeMANinjapan
AF Newbie

I WOULD RATHER RIDE A PLASTIC BIG WHEEL THEN BE SEEN IN THAT F@#!@# THING IT IS UGLY AS SHIT AND YES A JEEP CHEROKEE WOULD SMOKE THIS THING OFF ROAD, HELL I HAD A 1986 AMC 4WHEEL DRIVE WAGON THAT WAS BETTER THEN THAT THING OFF ROAD, IM SURE IT IS BUILT WELL ITS A PORSCHE BUT THEY SHOULD STICK TO CARS
Old 07-03-2003, 06:40 AM   #49
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by dodgeMANinjapan
I WOULD RATHER RIDE A PLASTIC BIG WHEEL THEN BE SEEN IN THAT F@#!@# THING IT IS UGLY AS SHIT AND YES A JEEP CHEROKEE WOULD SMOKE THIS THING OFF ROAD, HELL I HAD A 1986 AMC 4WHEEL DRIVE WAGON THAT WAS BETTER THEN THAT THING OFF ROAD, IM SURE IT IS BUILT WELL ITS A PORSCHE BUT THEY SHOULD STICK TO CARS

The Cayenne is just as capable as a Cherokke off road- even a 911 Carrera 4 is more capable than most "SUV's" off road

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 07-03-2003, 07:13 AM   #50
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimster

The Cayenne is just as capable as a Cherokke off road- even a 911 Carrera 4 is more capable than most "SUV's" off road

it might be more high tech than the cherokee....but i'll bet you it is not buld around a truck frame so standard offroading....it will handle........rock crawling will damage the frame however.....

also i'm not sure if there is a 4wd system out there yet to beat the quadra drive for offroading found in the jeeps.....i mean sending almost up to 100% torque to one of the wheels that has traction denotes one heck of a diferential

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Old 07-25-2003, 10:19 AM   #51
Blue02R6
AF Enthusiast

No Indepentant suspention equiped vehicle is as capable offroad than an live axle truck. Horsepower is not a factor in off roading. A Suzuki Samuri would go where this porsche wouldn't dream. The idea of most new SUV makes my stomach hurt. They were built for the road, not for the trails, even Land Rover is going that way.
1969 Pontiac Firebird

I might get my '02 SS back....
Old 07-30-2003, 01:44 PM   #52
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

The Touareg is excellent for a big SUV off road. The Cayenne must be as good or not far I think.

Old 07-30-2003, 07:06 PM   #53
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Quote:
Originally posted by TexasF355F1

The Jeep may be a better vehicle for off roading on tight trails(Hummer is better of course), but superior in any other way, no way. The jeep is a POS that I'm surprised is still popular, though I havent seen many on the road lately. If they drop a Hemi in the Jeep it will will have 105 hp less than the Cayenne. One last note, whom ever buys a Cayenne won't take it off roading anyway, I wouldnt want to b/c it looks just too good to get it dirty.
Jeeps are the ultimate off roaders. The aftermarket for parts is simply too big for anyone else to compete with. The Wrangler/Rubicon can go places that the Hummer and the Cayenne can never go simply because of their smaller size. As Neutrino said the frame on the Jeep is much more resilient for true off roading than the Cayenne. So you won't ever take the Cayenne off road? Than why even make one? There is no point to it besides wasting gas and money. I would rather have a true Porsche for the money. As for your comment about the Hemi, yes it will have 150 less HP than the Cayenne, but mind you the Cayenne is twin turbo charged and costs around $100,000. Also the Jeeps aren't crappy, you obviously have never owned one. In my opinion it is the best functional SUV on the market. As for the non-functional SUVs, you can drive them all off a cliff. Those people should be driving mini-vans.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:14 PM   #54
2strokebloke
In Stereo where available

I agree, I bet that there are places the old LJ20 Suzuki brute could go that the Porsche behemoth-monster couldn't. (and with less cylinders and money to boot!)

Support America's dependence on foreign oil - drive an SUV!
"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
If you find my signature offensive - feel free to get a sense of humor.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:39 PM   #55
Chris V
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally posted by 2strokebloke
How do we know that the porsche is any good off-road if nobody will take it there? we don't, and I don't care because in the end, it's still ugly and useless.

So are you. How's that for stating an opinion?

The Porsche has already been TAKEN off road, at MOAB and at the Rubicon. Unlike Jeep-zealot's old fashioned idea that unitbody vehicles CAN"T be used offroad, modern engineering has made extremely strong and rigid structures from them. The Porsche is no exception.

It is highly capable off road, and that's already been proven. It also has a 7000 lb towing capacity, so you could tow your Porsche race car to the track with it with ease. And, at Watkin's Glen, teh pace Cayanne was lapping the track at speeds that street Porsches have had a hard time doing, proving it'self to be a very capable handler.

So Porsche, true to it's engineering heritage, builds a single vehicle that is better at those three different areas than most cars that are only good at one area, and you retards think it's a bad thing. Sorry, but the vehicle is the ULTIMATE one-vehicle-for-everything.

Hey, lets have a contest to see who can close their litle brain up the tightest! You all are acting like you believe that if you don't USE your brain cells, they last longer...

2013 MINI JCW Roadster
2023 Chevy Bolt
Old 07-31-2003, 05:01 PM   #56
2strokebloke

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris V

Hey, lets have a contest to see who can close their litle brain up the tightest! You all are acting like you believe that if you don't USE your brain cells, they last longer...
Actually, I'm of the opinion that if something is not used - it is useless. Is that not a logical idea?

Most likely, 99.9% of these vehicles will never go off road, and probably a very similar number won't even see a dirt road or be hitched to a trailer. the majority of them will be wasting valuable city parking space outside of yuppie coffee houses (come to think of it, that space isn't so valuable, let the yuppies keep it)
Can I say status symbol? Porsche has finnally made a vehicle perfect not just for a man in his midlife crisis, but also for any man who needs over compensation - or any disgruntled soccer mom with penis envy. If you're a trendy, rich, insecure person - this may very well be the perfect vehicle for you!

Caution: contains 50% sarcasm.

"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:59 PM   #57
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

You nihilist

Old 08-01-2003, 02:10 PM   #58
2strokebloke

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefanel1
You nihilist
Ah, lets us all bask in my glorious nihility
(for those of you who don't know - that means nothingness)

Old 08-01-2003, 05:40 PM   #59
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris V

So are you. How's that for stating an opinion?

The Porsche has already been TAKEN off road, at MOAB and at the Rubicon. Unlike Jeep-zealot's old fashioned idea that unitbody vehicles CAN"T be used offroad, modern engineering has made extremely strong and rigid structures from them. The Porsche is no exception.

It is highly capable off road, and that's already been proven. It also has a 7000 lb towing capacity, so you could tow your Porsche race car to the track with it with ease. And, at Watkin's Glen, teh pace Cayanne was lapping the track at speeds that street Porsches have had a hard time doing, proving it'self to be a very capable handler.

So Porsche, true to it's engineering heritage, builds a single vehicle that is better at those three different areas than most cars that are only good at one area, and you retards think it's a bad thing. Sorry, but the vehicle is the ULTIMATE one-vehicle-for-everything.

going on a dirt or mud road is not serious offroading......

and if you try with a cayenne any type of serious stuff like rock crawling......you'll rip it apart......

me and polygon we live close to moab and i've been there quite a few times .... the thought of taking a cayenne or x5 or touared or anything in that category trough the serious rocks out there is ridiculous

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Old 08-01-2003, 07:36 PM   #60
TorinoGT69
Automotive Master

Send a message via MSN to TorinoGT69
The Cayenne is ugly and extremely overpriced. Porsche should not have built an suv.