Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 11:28 PM   #16
Self
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Self
Anything with 12 cylinders, modded Vipers, FI V8s pushing lots of boost. Not afraid to race them, just know that it's likely I'll lose
Old 01-23-2003, 03:30 PM   #17
venom800R
AF Regular

put me on a track next to anything ill race it. frog to ferrari. i wont bet money and i wont say ill win, but ill race it.
Old 01-23-2003, 03:46 PM   #18
hybridsol
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hybridsol
Quote:
Originally posted by YogsVR4

How about plutonium?
Kryptonite????? I hear is super lightweight. :cwn27:
hybridsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 01:34 AM   #19
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche
Quote:
Originally posted by Fireinthesky28

Hell yeah, I'd do that!
Careful what you wish for, Lamborghinis have tall gearing, but I've heard with perfect launches, acceleration is scary.

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 05:54 PM   #20
dolla_bill0913
AF Enthusiast

Here is a story for you> It was about a year ago, me and one of my friends were working on my girlfriends car a 2000 olds alero(rims, exhaust, intake, nothing major done to the engine). So we decided to take it for a test drive to see if the new fog lights we installed worked right, as soon as we got in I saw the gas tank was on E, so I headed to the gas station to get some gas. As soon as we pulled in we saw a black porsche 911 turbo, I filled up and as we went to leave the 911 left right in front of us. Wanting to get a better look at the car my buddy told me to follow it, so I did. I followed it down the road to the on ramp for the highway. We started up the ramp and I told my friend to hold on. I floored it threw on my blinker and jumped on to the highway ahead of the porsche. Flying down the highway 70, 80, 90, 100, 110 watching the porsches headlights get smaller and smaller. But right around 120 he starts gaining on me. I got it floored wide open, and the 911 catches us, and pulls even with us. The driver of the 911 looks over, smiles, waves, and then he throws it into another gear. Disappearing into the night like a shooting star. Me and my friend headed home laughing, woundering what the guy in the porsche was thinking when he got jumped by a olds alero. It was a fun night and if I had the choice, I would do it all over again. Sure, I knew I wouldn't win, but it was still fun anyway. Just in case you are woundering I never did tell my g/f, I raced a 911 turbo in her car.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:13 PM   #21
kro$s
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kro$s
Quote:
Originally posted by dolla_bill0913
Here is a story for you> It was about a year ago, me and one of my friends were working on my girlfriends car a 2000 olds alero(rims, exhaust, intake, nothing major done to the engine). So we decided to take it for a test drive to see if the new fog lights we installed worked right, as soon as we got in I saw the gas tank was on E, so I headed to the gas station to get some gas. As soon as we pulled in we saw a black porsche 911 turbo, I filled up and as we went to leave the 911 left right in front of us. Wanting to get a better look at the car my buddy told me to follow it, so I did. I followed it down the road to the on ramp for the highway. We started up the ramp and I told my friend to hold on. I floored it threw on my blinker and jumped on to the highway ahead of the porsche. Flying down the highway 70, 80, 90, 100, 110 watching the porsches headlights get smaller and smaller. But right around 120 he starts gaining on me. I got it floored wide open, and the 911 catches us, and pulls even with us. The driver of the 911 looks over, smiles, waves, and then he throws it into another gear. Disappearing into the night like a shooting star. Me and my friend headed home laughing, woundering what the guy in the porsche was thinking when he got jumped by a olds alero. It was a fun night and if I had the choice, I would do it all over again. Sure, I knew I wouldn't win, but it was still fun anyway. Just in case you are woundering I never did tell my g/f, I raced a 911 turbo in her car.
LoL I bet that look on his face was priceless when you jumped him, thinking "look at this lil bastard, doesn't know who he's F***ing with"
I've done the same thing, battling this 911 over the summer along about a 15mile stretch of road in the city, cutting cars and traffic at about 80-90mph @ times, the fact that he couldn't shake me surprised him, but when this Avalon (me) that had been supposedly tailing him pushed the envelop and blew past him at about 110 he most def had a kodak moment

But anyway, to anwser the fourm Question, i wouldn't be afraid to race anything, if you beat me especially on the street then you deserved to win and it's an exprience im going to learn from to make me a better driver.

want HID's? pm me
kro$s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2003, 09:18 PM   #22
ac427cpe
two wheels

Send a message via AIM to ac427cpe
wait! i change mine. miatas are scary!

No more project cars. I wonder how long that will last...
ac427cpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 09:47 AM   #23
kro$s
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kro$s
Quote:
Originally posted by ac427cpe
wait! i change mine. miatas are scary!
Surely you can't mean stock Miatas, zippy they are, scarey there not.

want HID's? pm me
kro$s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 05:43 PM   #24
ac427cpe
two wheels

Send a message via AIM to ac427cpe
when u autocross agains them and watch them kill z06 corvettes... you'll agree.

No more project cars. I wonder how long that will last...
ac427cpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 07:52 AM   #25
450HPviper
AF Enthusiast

Anything with over 300HP because I know that I would kill myself. I love Speed.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:00 PM   #26
rxtacy
AF Regular

911 turbo, ferrari 360, any lambo, z06, modded supras, and any powerful car with awd gives me a bit of a scare. i just wish i could find these cars to race. i ran into a guy with a ferrari 360 vert once and half seriously asked him for a race. this rich foreign bastard just laughed to himself and said "you think you have a chance?" i told him i did, but he didn't believe me. i really would have had to driven well to beat him though. but i would give anything to see his face when my $15000 mazda beats his hundred thousand dollar ferrari.

Last edited by rxtacy; 06-24-2003 at 09:27 AM.
rxtacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 09:13 PM   #27
HitByABus
AF Newbie

I really didnt care what i raced. I never have really done quarter mile racing usually just seeing a car at a light or on the road rev a lil then we'd just try to pass each other.

But I can say worked VR4s, chipped Golfs, STi's, anything when i can hear the turbo haha.

and...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg skylineveilside.jpg (15.3 KB, 64 views)
Old 07-25-2003, 05:58 AM   #28
Blue02R6
AF Enthusiast

Anything with a drunk driver, or someone who doesn't know what they're doing. Other than those nothing.
1969 Pontiac Firebird

I might get my '02 SS back....
Blue02R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 02:58 PM   #29
Subster
AF Newbie

An early model Saturn. Nothing scarier than poor engineering.
Old 07-29-2003, 12:33 AM   #30
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
what i am afraid of racing is something with less power than me......if a viper beats me boo hoo.....anyone could beat me in viper but i would not be able to live it down being beaten by a weaker car since that would be because driver skill.....

btw if i ever see that guy with enzo that lives around here i'll rev for sure at him......being beaten by an enzo....that is something to brag about

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote