Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 09:03 PM   #76
Vetteman84
AF Newbie

Re: The weirdest thing you've ever run over?

Almost forgot. I'm in the Navy and one time i was standing on the front of my ship and this bird flew into the "christmas tree" which is a big radar antenna thing and the bird just exploded on impact from the electricity i guess. Also, i've seen a bird hit the windshield on the bridge while i was driving the ship. it was pretty funny.
Vetteman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 07:45 PM   #77
CamaroSSBoy346
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to CamaroSSBoy346

well...uh...I didnt hit it....but...DAMN! I started reading some of the posts and remember this from the Thhunderbird forums...

http://www.scamboards.com/forums/sho...=1204#post1204

i dont know if the pics still work though...
1992 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 302 H.O, A9L ECU swap, 65mm TB, 73mm Granetelli MAF, FRPP 30lb injectors, Walbro 255, MSD ignition, Powerdyne BD11 supercharger, Efans, T-5 swap w/ FRPP flywheel, Ram HDX clutch and adjustable Steeda clutch quadrant, 4.10 gears, Nitto NT555R radials
2000 OBS Tahoe Z71 6k HIDs, 33" Goodyears. 280k mile daily beater
CamaroSSBoy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:13 PM   #78
CamaroSSBoy346
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to CamaroSSBoy346

..and heres stuff that I hit:

Ran over a Copperhead snake in my F-150. 31" Tires>Copperhead Snake..

Then, I was driving home from Wally World, (iN the car in my sig) my eyes were getting really heavy, but I was almost home. Theres a section on the road I take, a banked S-Curve, it can be fun when your in the mood but i wasnt... a Toyota Truck comes flying around the corner just as I start to slow down to enter the curve, just as the two of us went to pass eachother...THUD! my first word/reaction: "WHAT THE FUCK?" I slam on the brakes, and look back, and this Toyota slams on his brakes. I put it in reverse so my Reverse white lights light the road up a little bit. I see this little deer get up, shake its head, stumble, and run off like noting happened. Huh? I never saw anything jump infront of me, so apparently this truck hit the deer, and I just happened to be going past him when he hit. The deer bounced off hhis truck and hit my car. I was going about 45-50 and tris truck the same or faster, and the little bastard gets up and walks away like nothing happened!
1992 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 302 H.O, A9L ECU swap, 65mm TB, 73mm Granetelli MAF, FRPP 30lb injectors, Walbro 255, MSD ignition, Powerdyne BD11 supercharger, Efans, T-5 swap w/ FRPP flywheel, Ram HDX clutch and adjustable Steeda clutch quadrant, 4.10 gears, Nitto NT555R radials
2000 OBS Tahoe Z71 6k HIDs, 33" Goodyears. 280k mile daily beater
CamaroSSBoy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 11:27 PM   #79
Legionofone
AF Enthusiast

if the poor deer dident eventual die thats pretty freaking funny...

RAN OVER a mocking bird that was sitting in the road it was weird...
Old 02-14-2005, 12:57 PM   #80
**BrAd**
AF Newbie

I was drivin behind an s-10 on the highway doin about 100 and a styrafoam cooler rolled outta the back of the truck. i was pickin little styrafoam pieces off my car for months. lol
**BrAd** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 01:52 AM   #81
jncodave
AF Enthusiast

I have run over my own foot before.
I was driving home a few months ago and my 14 year old origional alternator decided to die that day and my car went completely dead in the middle of the busiest intersection in town at night. I went to turn on my flashers but the battery was so dead that they didnt work at all. So I start to push my car through the intersection by the A pillar so i can steer also, hoping that people can see me, and two nice pedestrians come over and push from the back of the car. well i was just focused on getting through the intersection without getting hit and i didnt pick up my foot in time and my rear tire ran over my foot. I was glad i drive a small car
jncodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 09:37 PM   #82
Ridenour
GranddAmnit

Send a message via MSN to Ridenour

My friend hit a chicken walking in the road
Old 02-23-2005, 04:13 PM   #83
abaird
AF Regular

One time I was driving about 35 or so when a cat ran into me. It came running out into the street and my girlfriend was with me so I slammed on the brakes or I would have never heard the end of it but the cat was going for the sewer drain that was next to my car. I was almost completely stopped when it hit my bumper.

I also hit a snapping turtle on a country road one afternoon. Its shell was about a foot and a half long. One hell of a bump. It was funny and gross at the same time.
abaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 10:37 PM   #84
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan

A kid's sled.

No kid on it at the time though.

fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 02:20 PM   #85
flushzac
AF Newbie

i know this doesn't count, but in the vein of nature/automotive harmony:

my parents have been for 28 years. when they had their first child, my older brother, they invested in a minivan. this was the early 80's model plymouth, but they kept my mothers sedan and my dads motorcycles. they didn't drive the sedan much in the fall, mom got a baby seat in the sedan, but in the summer, my brother's preschool started a s carpool, so mom started using the van. after driving a few days, everytime they turned on the heater, they noticed a strange woody smell. my dad, wonderful diyer that he is, tried to find the problem, but gave up and took it to a mechanic. they couldn't find any leaking fluids or burned up parts, so they jsut kept looking around. eventually they found the problem, a deposit of acorns in the radiator or somewhere around there. the engine was roasting the nuts and wafting the smell into the cabin... isn't kentucky fun?
flushzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 04:34 PM   #86
YukiHime
AF Enthusiast

I just recall I rolled over this thing last summer on a country road...It's something that hops, no bodyhair, small as a mouse...I was so afraid after I rolled over it...And I got out and see...it's a...a FROG..............I screamed......and cried...and freaked out...
Old 03-01-2005, 06:53 PM   #87
Greenblurr93
Kind of a Big Deal

Send a message via MSN to Greenblurr93

Lets see, does it count if you were parked on the side of the road and a bird (pigeon) flew into my front bumper, not the glass, but the bumper.. i also hit a skunk once and decapitated it, pretty funny to see one black lump go under your car and see two come out.
Greenblurr93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:30 AM   #88
S4ZipyZoo
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to S4ZipyZoo

I was hit by my own car.

Before my friends and I drove off anywhere, we usually met up in a parkinglot, and we leave our keys in the ingition, turn up the music and chat while we're waiting for those who are late. I saw an old friend of mine, so i walk over to talk to her.

Now, I don't let anyone touch, nonetheless DRIVE, my car, and so when I felt a rather large bump on the back of my legs, and saw a friend (Mark) in the drivers seat of my car, I got pissed. He knew better than to drive my car, none the less bump me with it. He started getting out until he saw the look on my face, and promptly hopped back in. I'm already by the drivers side door, as he slams the door shut, and catches the sleeve of my sweatshirt.
He throws my car into reverse, starts going, so I have to run to keep up with my shirt. Then he cuts the wheel to the left, turning into ME. I cannot move, and next thing I know my sweatshirt has ripped, and I'm bouncing off the hood of my own car, onto the asphalt.
Ruined my best pair of white pants too, I never let him forget that!
Baileys Diverter Valve
AWE DTS
Tanoga Shortshifter
H&R Coilovers
Other interior/exterior Mods
S4ZipyZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 08:47 AM   #89
95cord
AF Enthusiast

i ran over a turtle one day after shcool about 4 years ago, you could hear its shell crack as my tire went over it. thats an awful sound.
95cord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 02:19 AM   #90
curtis73
Professional Ninja Killer

Ya know, I didn't read all six pages of posts, but I doubt this is a repeat.

When I was in college in PA, a bunch of my frat brothers piled into two cars to head to Toronto, one of the cars was my Beretta. We were 19 and (at the time) legal to drink up there, but not in the US. We got about 100 miles from Toronto and it was about 2 AM. The QEW highway was completely deserted so we were playing around a little between the cars; tossing beverages back and forth, spitting on each other's windshield, etc. Safe? heck no, but we were 19 and dumb. I dropped back and we were laughing about the little escapade. Pretty soon we saw our friend's butt emerge from the passenger side window of the car ahead. We laughed at getting mooned and I flashed the lights at him. He spent a considerable amount of time there and we started puzzling. Pretty soon I hit something very small like a piece of tire tread. Well, then the smell hit us.

He had taken a dump out the window, I had hit the turd with my left front tire which sprayed it all over the wheel well and the underbelly of the car. So I would have to say without a doubt, the oddest thing I've ever hit was a human loaf. Despite the fact that it was April and about 30 degrees that night, we finished the trip with the windows down.

Ironically, the nickname of the brother who shat out the window was "T.P." He could have used some that night.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General