Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 03:30 PM   #46
beef_bourito
AF Enthusiast

Re: The weirdest thing you've ever run over?

i no someone who, when he was younger, was driving his moms camaro down the highway, saw an airedale(pretty uncommon dog in canada) and of course couldn't stop and it splattered all over the front (there was one peice of hair still stuck to the licence plate he wouldn't dare touch - too gross lol). about a year ago, he went over to a friends house who had his aunt over. she lived in the same parts as he did and started telling a story about how her airedale ran away and they found part of it dead on the road.
beef_bourito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:16 PM   #47
MWHRStudios
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to MWHRStudios Send a message via AIM to MWHRStudios Send a message via MSN to MWHRStudios Send a message via Yahoo to MWHRStudios
Ok, I have 3.

1. My mother tells me: When you are only moving at about 5-7 miles per hour, and you see a pigeon walking in front of your Oldsmobile LandYacht, and you KNOW that the pigeon WILL move out from in front of your tire, and it doesn't ...........................you ......hear .....EVERY .....single .......bone .....BrEaK! Eww.

2. I had a 1986 Mercury Cougar LS (until I accidentally washed of the S and then just had a Cougar L.) I was going to work one morning in the half-light of 7am. The road I live on has a really steap short hill (which when driving your friend's Kia Sophia at 65, you can ALMOST clear the neighbor's mailbox......almost...). On this hill, if someone is coming from the other direction, you cannot see them until they hit you, so you always make a point of staying on your side of the road. I THOUGHT it was a paper shopping bag......it wasn't It was a round stone, the size of a basket ball.. it hurt.. I bent the torsion bar so bad that my dad used two chains, a tree and a two ton truck to pull it streight. Thought my car was going to be longer after that.....

3. My brother had finaly found someone who wanted his chevy malibu. The deal however did not include the engine or tranny. Arrangements were made for the buyer to pick the car up at the side of the street, not at the bottom of our 1000 foot long driveway (we've seen the buyer try to back up his car trailer before...). So my brother takes his S10 4x4 and chains up to the malibu and I get in to steer the car up the driveway. We make several attemps but there was JUST enough snow to loose traction in the steeper part of our driveway. A few smallblocks and an old transmission (all loaded by hand by my brother...big brother that is..) and we make another try. Tailgate falls open halfway up and that tranny slides out and plops bell first in front of the car. The bumber hits the top of the bell lifting the tail just enough to punch a hole in the firewall and break the coathanger wire holding the driveshaft in place. it went something like this: I see tail gate...I see tranny falling.. i see claouds and nothing else.. I see the driveway between me and the truck and nothing else.. I finally see the truck again.......driving off with whatever part of the car it was chained to still hanging on the chain.... and yes, they still bought the malibu.
MWHRStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 01:57 AM   #48
pre98zetec
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pre98zetec Send a message via MSN to pre98zetec Send a message via Yahoo to pre98zetec

Never really hit something.

Here's something funny though. im driving home on the highway when I see a huge cat litter bucket in the middle of the left lane. There was a dodge ram pickup trying to pass this Chevy Trailblazer at the time he was coming up on the bucket. The trailblazer moved over onto the shoulder and slowed down so the guy could miss it, But what does he do? nail's the bucket, cat litter all over the place. The bucket just exploded on impact. he came flying past me still droping catlitter all over the place

96' Integra GSR / ITR cams/valvetrain. Skunk2 IM, Greddy evo2, AEM CAI, RMF Header, Megan testpipe, Hasport mounts, Eibach coilovers, Beaks tie bar, Megan H brace, Rota Attacks, F/R strut bar, Kirk 6 point cage, Bride Cugas, Takata 4 Point, ITR Steering wheel
98' SVT Contour, 3L Port-Matched swap with SVT cams/full bolt ons; 224fwhp.
01' Chevy Blazer, DD.
pre98zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 03:00 AM   #49
burnM
AF Enthusiast

I have a friend who used to have a '77 T-bird. Big, brown, $400 pos that he would use to run over just about anything he could think of. It wasn't uncommon for him to launch it off of 10 foot+ snow banks. We're cruising along late at night, and he gets the bright idea to run over every single pole that divides the bicycle path from the roadway. I thought for sure that the front end and bottom of the car were toast, until I look behind us and see the poles boucing back up like 'punch-me clowns' with little pieces of reflective materials flying into the darkness...... I laughed my ass off!!

That car lasted him until he fell asleep and flew off a 15 foot embankment. He ended up 250 feet or so into a swamp. When he looked back toward the road, he saw many small broken trees and a telephone pole that was severed in half, about ten feet up, dangling from the wires. I saw the scene the next day. Now that has to be the the oddest object I have ever seen run over (or through).

1977 GMC Jimmy - daily driver-sitting on 33's and bedliner inside and out
1995 9C1 Caprice - winter beater
1994 Impala SS - newest project
1991 9C1 Caprice - (rip)
"There are two great problems in the world today; an ever-growing lack of common sense, and too many warning labels. Take away all of the warning labels and the problem will work itself out..." -B
burnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 01:58 PM   #50
-Jayson-
AF Enthusiast

well the first thing i ever hit was a pigeon, just sitting in the middle of the road, i slowed down thinking it would see me a fly away, well it saw me but to late, so at about 50 mph it slamed into the windshield, slide up the windshield and was shot like 15ft into the air, where a car behind it smacked it in the grill. lol that was some funny shit.
I also ran over the stupidest possum ever, i ran it over with the back tire. . .how the hell do you hit something with the back tire only while driving forward?
Another time i was driving down my street at about 10-15 MPH when a chipmunk ran infront of my car, i thought i was gonna hit it, but instead the chipmunk must have grabbed onto the outside of the wheel cause i saw the little bugger shoot about 10 feet up in the air. lol that was pretty funny.

SouthEast Ecotec Enthusiast
-Jayson- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 12:54 PM   #51
LacrosseGuy
AF Enthusiast

This is def. a cool thread.

Heres my story, i wasent driving i was in the backseat of my friends explorer and we were heading back to school because we were out on our lunch break. Anyways theres two girls in the passanger seat and 2 guys and 2 girls in the back seat, were comming down this side street heading towards school and theres a group of birds.. i guess pigeons. The girls in the front start saying slow down and me and my friend in the back say go faster. My best friend who was driving the car floored it all of the birds hear the car coming and all fly away. But one dumb ass bird flies right towards the ford explorer screaming towards him at about 60ish. The bird hit his front grill and kind of did a flip up onto the hood lol an the thing lands flat on his back right on the front of the hood. Every girl in the car starts to cry and shit and there all screaming all 3 guys were laughin so hard. There as feathers everywhere, so know the bird laying on its back feet up in the air wings just layed out like hes sleeping or something. He starts to slide up the hood towards the windshield where he finaly comes to a rest right infront of the two girls. At this point one of them Jen starts to cry i mean really cry and everyone else in the car starts to laugh at her and the bird and the thing just sat there on the windshield. We drove back into the parking lot dead bird and all with the girl crying IT was the funniest day ever. Than my friend saved one feather.. he put it in like a card holder(one of those collector binder pages.. know what i mean?) and he kept it in the car. And whenever jen would get in the car we would pull it out. At first she would cry when she saw it than she just learned to deal with it.

Also the cats, dogs, birds, garbage cans (garbage can bowling its game very fun) road stakes, bags in the steet you name it we run it over. But nothings gonna ever beat that day.. we couldnt stop laughing and when ever me and my friend talk about it we laugh for like 10 mintues straight. And yes he still has the feather.

LacrosseGuy

K+N Filter, Removed Silencer, Borla Catback
ALPINE CDA-9831
eDi' 6500's
(1) 13KV.2
(2) Nine.2 400w
LacrosseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 05:20 PM   #52
Boss San
AF Enthusiast

I you're driving by a row of mailboxes and the person in the passenger swings at 'em with a bat.
Does that count as hitting something while driving?

"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class."
"Especially since I rule." ---Clerks---

"I am the NIGHTRIDER!! I'm a FUEL injected suicide MACHINE! I am the ROCKER! I am the ROLLER! I am the Out-Of-Controller!!!" ---Mad Max---
Boss San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 05:28 PM   #53
psychobadboy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to psychobadboy

The funniest thing was probably when i ran over stupid little lizard that darted in front of my car. You never think of running over something like that.
psychobadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:35 PM   #54
s10lowrider27
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to s10lowrider27

i have only hit one animal since i have started driving. i was driving down the road and smashed into a big dear. i was in my little 95 neon.
s10lowrider27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 11:27 AM   #55
MITSU-EVO
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to MITSU-EVO

It's not me, my friend but let me tell it. He was riding his bike around and ran over a hedgehod. Surprisingly the hedgehog did not die. It lost some of its spikes, giving my friend's bike a flat tire.
And I know it's tragic and funny at the same time but my grandmother broke my grandfather's right leg by running over him

I DIG EXOTICS!!!
MITSU-EVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 09:45 AM   #56
landyacht
AF Enthusiast

I ran over a badger...like hitting a rock! The thing was still alive too, tried to eat me when i got out to see if it was dead or not. Mean animals!

I drove over a 5 foot snow pile (don't ask, LONG LONG story) once too, both these things in my current car.

- 305 cu inch (5.0L) small block V8 w/ 3spd auto
- 4 barrel carb w/ single exhaust
- No catalytic converter, no posi-trac

NEVER LOSE FAITH IN THE BOAT!!
landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 09:07 PM   #57
Nexagen
AF Regular

I drive an 2000 Eclipse, it's completely black in color as well as the name suggests.

Anyway I was coming home from work and was cruise controlling down the 710S Freeway here in CA at a steady 80 MPH.

When all of a sudden I see a White Dove as white as white can be, I swear it was so beautiful I thought God sent it down from heaven...

Anyway it swooped down coming from the left and going right.

But by the time it flew near the level of my windshield, I hit it so hard it bounced off my windshield and went over my roof. I felt bad although It was not my fault, I mean what are the odds of a dove swooping down when you are on the freeway?

It left a couple of feather marks on my windshield but no blood.

It pretty much felt like someone threw a Tennis ball at my window as I was doing 80.

That kinda freaked me out... all the way until I got home. I felt guilty for hitting that bird but I never did it intentionally it just sorta well... was retarded to swoop so low.

Well that's my story.
Nexagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 12:01 AM   #58
Boss San
AF Enthusiast

Don't feel guilty, you shoulf be proud. You helped put food on the ground to feed a hungry bum, or cat.

"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class."
"Especially since I rule." ---Clerks---

"I am the NIGHTRIDER!! I'm a FUEL injected suicide MACHINE! I am the ROCKER! I am the ROLLER! I am the Out-Of-Controller!!!" ---Mad Max---
Boss San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 12:42 PM   #59
pincheyloveclaw
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to pincheyloveclaw

The most memorable thing I ran over has got to be the skunk. Hit one of those and you won't forget it for some time. Nor will your next door neighbors, if your driveway happens to be close. The wierdest thing for me however was not a runover. My friend and I followed this guy for about six miles with a gallon of milk on the roof of his car. We flashed our lights passed him like 3 times and did everyting we could to get his attention. It was no use, I guess he must have thought we were nuts until he got home and saw it still sitting on the roof. I assume he made it home with it because I couldn't believe it didn't fall off of there.
pincheyloveclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 05:20 AM   #60
Volvo - Diecast
Banned

weirdest thing

weirdest thing- My own rightheadlight on freeway. :/
Volvo - Diecast is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General