Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 12:10 AM   #1
kaho
AF Enthusiast

F'ed up headlight q's

Hi. Today I got myself a new pair of head light bulbs to put on. I installed it, wiped them with rubbing alcohol before putting everything together in case my finger oil had gotten onto it, then tried it out. At first it went fine, but 5 seconds later I heard a tingling sound from under the hood of my car, followed by my right head light going back to darkness.

I opened the hood, worked my way back into the headlight, removed the dead bulb, and found that most of the glass of my bulb has burst away, leaving broken glass all over the inside of my headlight pod.

I was told not to touch the lens part of any halogen bulbs as the oil from finger will create a hot spot and the bulb would burst shortly, and if I did touch it, clean it with alcohol cleaners. This is what I exactly do and it didnt seem to matter. Was I missing out something? Also now that I have broken glass inside my light pod, will new bulbs be damaged by them after I put new bulbs into that pod? How would I need to clean them out?

Thank you.

The bursted bulb. I used to have a pair of Sylvania cool blue bulbs put on and they work fine (their cool blue bulbs dont look blue at all though) HB4 55W are the same specs as the stock ones. This blue bulb, eventhough runs the same specs and bulb type as stock, made a mess.

The brand is call Eiko. I got it from auto value. Is this brand heard of? I am quite new to these stuff. I just got my car recently.
kaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 05:46 PM   #2
tacoma man.
AF Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to tacoma man.
Re: F'ed up headlight q's

i always use a cloth or a rag to change mine out
Old 02-14-2005, 09:13 PM   #3
kaho
AF Enthusiast

Re: F'ed up headlight q's

You mean everytime when u want to change a new light bulb right?

Its too late, I guess the whole bulb burst thing wouldve been prevented using a rag...its ok now, seems like my new bulb didnt burst, and the shattered glass from the previous one didnt affect this new one in any way.
kaho is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General