Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 04:06 PM   #106
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Again, can we just close this thread?
Old 06-30-2005, 10:05 PM   #107
blindside.AMG
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to blindside.AMG
Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar D-Type
Again, can we just close this thread?
You DO realize you don't have to click on the thread if you don't want to. Right?
Old 07-01-2005, 05:36 AM   #108
Filthy Sanchez
AF Enthusiast

"It seems the GTO will live on at least until '07 or '08 as GM has decided to cancel the Zeta platform on which it is to be based."

-GM High-Tech magazine Jul/Aug '05

"GM's plans for a rear-drive Buick Velite sedan, convertible, or anything else are officially dead. The murder also affects any rear-drive Chevy coupe, Camaro, Chevelle, or otherwise. While development of a new zeta platform was scaled back months ago, the decision to pull the plug on these new cars is much more recent. The only sub-Cadillac/Corvette rear-drive program going forth (besides Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky) is the next gen GTO, expected to last until 2008."

-Motor Trend magazine Aug. '05

"Right now we're letting Ford have the pony car market."

".....but the business decisions have to come at a time we can afford to do it as a company."

-Mark Reuss - GM performance division executive director.
-Hot Rod magazine Aug. '05
Old 08-04-2005, 06:00 PM   #109
ghostx
AF Enthusiast

I had high hopes for the '06 Monte Carlo but after looking into it, I realized how little effort appears to have been put into it. I've always disliked the rear end visually, and that's still there. I've always disliked the FWD and that's still there. It seems that it would have only taken a few small changes to sell me on the '06. Unfortunately, Chevy didn't make them.

P.S. F#*%! the environment.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:48 AM   #110
clawhammer
AF Fanatic

After reading all of what was mentioned above, I have to chime in.

Look at how bad GM is doing. This employee discount hurt them a LOT in the long-run.

GM is not giving its customers what they want. A lot of people realized that in order to drive back and forth between work and home, they don't need a 300+ hp SUV that gets 10 mpg. An Accord, or even a Civic will do just fine for them. Plus they run forever.

Ford has made a good product that 1% of the population needs (F250, F350 pickup trucks) and they try to sell it to the rest of the population. Honda and Toyota made pickup trucks that are far better for the average person and they're far more economical. In a pickup truck comparison, Car and Driver picked the Ridgeline for 1st place. Here's what MotorTrend says about it "To prove just how serious the Ridgeline is about competing in the pickup-truck business, we hooked one up to a 5000-pound trailer and drag-raced an equally equipped Ford F-150 with an optional 5.4-liter V-8. The Ridgeline's lack of displacement and two cylinders put it at a distinct disadvantage, but the race was close, and the Honda was barking at the Ford's heels the entire time. We didn't expect it to beat the Ford, but we were surprised at how close it was."

Mods:
Engine: Comptech Air Intake Box, miscellanous chrome dress up pieces
Suspension: Comptech front strut tower bar
Exterior: Grillcraft grill, lots of wax
Interior: Rick's leather console cover, Muz one-piece luxury floormats, Rick's windscreen,
Electronics/Audio: Polk speakers
Wheels/tires: 18" SSR Competition wheels with 225/40 and 255/35 tires

Old 08-13-2005, 12:29 AM   #111
ghostx
AF Enthusiast

I understand the point you started to make. But how did we get into Ford and Honda Truck comparos?
Old 08-13-2005, 01:28 AM   #112
Filthy Sanchez
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawhammer
After reading all of what was mentioned above, I have to chime in.

Look at how bad GM is doing. This employee discount hurt them a LOT in the long-run.

GM is not giving its customers what they want. A lot of people realized that in order to drive back and forth between work and home, they don't need a 300+ hp SUV that gets 10 mpg. An Accord, or even a Civic will do just fine for them. Plus they run forever.

Ford has made a good product that 1% of the population needs (F250, F350 pickup trucks) and they try to sell it to the rest of the population. Honda and Toyota made pickup trucks that are far better for the average person and they're far more economical. In a pickup truck comparison, Car and Driver picked the Ridgeline for 1st place. Here's what MotorTrend says about it "To prove just how serious the Ridgeline is about competing in the pickup-truck business, we hooked one up to a 5000-pound trailer and drag-raced an equally equipped Ford F-150 with an optional 5.4-liter V-8. The Ridgeline's lack of displacement and two cylinders put it at a distinct disadvantage, but the race was close, and the Honda was barking at the Ford's heels the entire time. We didn't expect it to beat the Ford, but we were surprised at how close it was."

Sorry bro but the F-150 is way better built than the Ridgeline, and the Tundra. If however you're saying the Ridgeline is better why include the Toyota as better for the consumer as the Tundra is nothing more than a conventional truck as apposed to the Ridgeline which is an entirely new approach to trucks. My fear now is that Ford, GM, Dodge, even Toyota, and Nissan will think "Hey we can make a gay truck that sells too." By the way wasn't this thread about the Monte Carlo a car that most no one on this board seems to want to buy?

P.S. I agree with you that GM is making cars no one wants.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:29 AM   #113
CARNIGG
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to CARNIGG
Re: Re: Re: Re: 2006 Monte Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar D-Type
The following is from autoweek.com 6/27/05

Regarding the Mustang, Jim Campbell, Chevrolet car marketing director, says: "I wake up every day knowing that I am spotting Ford 150,000 to 200,000 units.
That hurts......damn that hurts
Old 09-25-2005, 01:32 PM   #114
mason_RsX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to mason_RsX

It took so long for the thread to die, it got pretty heated and turned into an import vs domestic debate

Why did you have to bring it back??

don't bring back old (< 1 month) threads

2002 Acura RSX Type-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGNAL748
I have an outrageously large penis.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General