Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 09:03 PM   #1
x_skaven_x
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to x_skaven_x Send a message via Yahoo to x_skaven_x
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT

Hey guys I found a mint condition 98 Ram 1500 SLT. It has 166,000 miles on it. They are asking $8700 usd. Is this a fair price? Does model tend to have a lot of problems?

Next on the List....
x_skaven_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 12:34 PM   #2
x_skaven_x
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to x_skaven_x Send a message via Yahoo to x_skaven_x
Re: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT

bump...can anyone help?

Next on the List....
x_skaven_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:21 PM   #3
tony36
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to tony36
Re: 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT

That seems a little high. Depending on options your truck in 2wl retails 4-6k 4wl 6-8k. I never pay high retail. Trade in on these in real dollars not numbers on dealer contracts, is @ 2wl 3k and 4wl 4-5k. Now alot depends on condition and options. If it is 2wl I wouldn't offermore than @ 4500 - 5000. $ wl 7 -7.5k. The biggest question is if this is a truck that you really like and want. That will make all the difference on what you would be willing to pay. Also keep in mind the repaires to come. You can certainly get up to another 100k miles out of it, depending on the prior maintanance. I would run a check. Get the vin and pay a couple bucks on that site that will run a vehicle history. It will tell you how many owners, insurance claims for repairs(wrecks), recall rep., dealership repairs, etc. It gives alot of info. From what info you gave, it is probably priced at high retail, so you could probably get it for 1500 - 2000 less. Just make an offer and don't budge. At the end of the day though, it all boils down to what it is worth to you. Just don't think that this is the best deal you will ever come across, I see 98 99s 4x4 slt all over for 8-9k. I just took my 99 1500 slt 4x4 116000m loaded, perfect cond. in to see about tradeing on a $42000 power wagon, they only sais its trade value was $6200. It also depends on where you are. I am in montana, 4x4 holds better value. A 2wl 98 would only trade for about 2500. You cant hardly give away a 2wl truck here. I hope it helps a little, but like I said, think mostly about what it is worth to you, bacause in the end, that is what counts.
tony36 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10