Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics Discuss different body kits, body work in general, and all types of exterior modifications.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 02:55 PM   #1
hurleygurl395
AF Newbie

takin my first baby steps

hey...ok i'm a 16 year old girl who just got a 93 honda accord. i have 5 brothers all of which are makin me learn the hard way when it comes to cars....and well i wanna know whats the order i should do things to my car...not to make it fast or nothing like that (cause i suck at driving), but just to make it look hella tight. so any help what so ever would do me a lot of good...price is no option for now cause i still have 7 grand that i can spend on it. so plz help me! thankz!
hurleygurl395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 03:11 PM   #2
mospeed1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mospeed1
Re: takin my first baby steps

wheels
lower it
put a kit on it and repaint it
interior
system
16 years old and has 7 grand to play with..when i was 16 i could barley put gas in my car
mospeed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:26 PM   #3
Sypher0725
AF Newbie

ill say tints, wheels, sound system then body kit.
Sypher0725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 04:41 PM   #4
CBFryman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman

you have a 93 accord and 7k in the bank? your account is worth 7 times your car. you better keep that 7k in there to pay for repairs. well anyway...
you want it to look fast and "hella tight" but you want it to stay the slow POS it is? Here is your card...

CBFryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 07:38 PM   #5
Powerefx
AF Enthusiast

Lmao Fryman Go Easy On Her...

Aright Gurl this is what you gotts do...
I suggest getting as much as you can from EBAY.

( WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?)
1st and formost, you need a body kit. (800 MAX)

Second Comes the rims.. NO CHROME. Do Black or white.. 17's or 18's max. Lower the car about 2-4 inches.(800 MAX)

3rd. Depending on the condition of your current paint on the car ( IF THE CLEAR COAT IS PEALING) Get it resprayed.(1500 MAX)

4th put in some black tints.(150 MAX)

5th Change of muffler. (150 MAX)

6th System. (Remember when i say system i dont only mean a subwoofer, you need the whole nine yards if you want it to be tight. PM me and ill be able to put together a system for you depending on what you listen too. ( PRICE DEPENDS ON YOUR NEEDS.)

7th. Interior, Color up your interior, use dyes from SEM and VHT to spice up the interior, new shifter, new stearing wheel. (500 MAX)

8th Lights, Lights, Lights, i mean interior neons, exterior neons, trunk neons.

9th. IF you have any cash left, then finally start working on the engine.

IF you have any specific questions on what i said here, PM me G.
Powerefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 06:17 PM   #6
CBFryman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman

man what are you talking about...
Ok here is what you do if you want it to look tight....
Go get you a body kit, Ebay special...prime it yellow like it is made out of polyurathane and leave it un painted...then take your hood off and paint it black for that carbon fiber look
now take your hub caps off and paint your steel rims black.
tint the windows as dark as you are legaly allowed at home
then get some christmass string lights, put them under the car and use a power inverter to power thoes bad boys. next get 3 or 4 pairs of fog lights from walmart, put thoes all in your grill with som strobes too. then get some Grille mesh from lowes or home depot and make you a new grill.
now you are ready to step up into the big leauges.
head down to walmart and get you a new glass pack muffler, cut your tail pipe off and replace it with this muffler and put a replacement pip in place of your muffler, now it will sound good. then take your air box out, hten take a hose clamp from home depot and clam your mass air flow sensor to the throttle body then a wlamart cone filter to you mass airflow sensor. this makes it extra loud.
now get some neons and slap them all over the place insdie your car. seat covers to, make sure to corrdinate them with your primed body kit. then get a big spoiler from JCwhitney. they make some good 20" double stacks for like $180. oh and they have head and tail lights for civics and accords at walmart too.
next get you 4 sony xplod 12's and some prefab boxes and osme sony amps. put all that in the trunk and hten get some coaxils from walmart to and power them off of you new pioneer head unit with all the flashy features.... then all you have to do is stop at a red light, put it in neutral, rev it up to 5,000 then drop it into D1 when it goes green. you will show off your super tight car. and the kool thing is yo ucan do all that for less than 2,000. oh and yo ucna get some Typ3-R and Vtech stickers and place them all over the place. oh and some Greddy, AEM, DC, etc.. stickers too. though you have nothing made by Greddy or any of thoes companies...
ok im done now....
CBFryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 06:58 PM   #7
Powerefx
AF Enthusiast

Lol, Please Tell Me That Was A JOKE Fryman.
(I HOPER YOUR JUST SCREWING AROUND LOL)
Powerefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 01:59 PM   #8
CashMoneyInd
AF Regular

Sounds like someone has a very strong opinion towards ricers, but hey, to each his own...

About the accord, if you have 7 grand, you can pretty much all of it all of it done (if youre using the whole 7 grand) but i would prolly go in this order:
Body Kit
Lower about 2.5"
Rims
Sound System
Interior
Lights
etc...

Shave some of the trim, emblems, antenna, door handles and give it a nice clean look
Also some new paint, but for god sakes, make sure the whole car is one color, unless you have a theme going on...
CashMoneyInd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 08:32 AM   #9
slyhog-22056
AF Regular

Girl you do what YOU like, not everyone else's thinking, look at all the possibilities online and come up with your own ideas. That is how to be tight and very much personalizing your car the way you like.... research and think.. money goes really quick so make good sound decisions and then you can stare at the guys and say.... THIS IS MY CAR, THEY WAY I WANT IT AND THEY WAY I MADE IT...............Then turnaround and ask them about their cars.....laughing all the while of course.....
slyhog-22056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 08:07 AM   #10
CashMoneyInd
AF Regular

Very well said...
CashMoneyInd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 12:34 AM   #11
dice daniels
AF Enthusiast

I'd say to get a body kit tint the windows and get some rims for the exterior. Maybe some decals. For the interior I'd get a simple stereo system and buy some cool aftermarket goodies that I'd like to add to it. And I'd try to save as much money as I could doing it. Unless you are planning on owning the car until the day you die. Ofcourse the car wont live to be more than maybe 5 years older than it is now before it dies. That's if you're lucky. I'm sure you'll live long enough to have owned 10 of them and 10 other cars. They don't last forever.
dice daniels is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics