Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General news, articles, other.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-02-2001, 02:32 AM   #1
primera man
"P-Man"

Send a message via AIM to primera man
What We Do For A Living

Thought i start this to see what we all do for a living.

Myself.....I work for the Railways and i'm a Maintenance Engineer Team Leader.
What i do is repair any Locomotive's that breaks down and any maintenance that they need doing before they head off on there next job.
It may be anything from small or big engine repairs/electrical wiring or just a wiper blade replacement etc, to going to crash sites after a loco has hit a car/person etc (not nice). It means it can be a 7 day/24hour job, but it's intresting and every day is different.

Current Build.....1/12 Scale Camaro......Almost finished!!!

View All My Models Here.
primera man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 08:08 AM   #2
MauiBlueGRide
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MauiBlueGRide
That sounds cool P man..... Myself I'm a self taught computer nerd. (Currently working on my MCSE though) I'm working at Clarion Corp. of America, in charge of our Ky, Ohio, Indy, TN, and Detroit offices as far as computer stuff goes. My title is PC Tech, basically I fix peoples computers, make sure the network shiznit is running right, and anything else they can throw at me lol. Right now I'm working on our company's intranet as a side project. It's a 8-5 job weekdays only (unless something major happens), we get one friday off every month ass a perk and I love my job. I'm based out of the KY office and rarely go elsewhere, our next biggest office is in Novi, MI (detroit) and I've been there once and going again in a week or so, haven't been to the other sites yet since I'm still fresh fish.... And as a side note lol I got employee of the month for all of CCA yesterday!

Previous jobs have included:
my own software/computer company
Best Buy Installer
Installer on the side (still doin that)
Mechincal work at my uncles warehouse (fixin ford trucks woooo hooo) and completly tearing down and restoring two 48 chevy fleetlines
Clarion Engineering Co-Op

Chris
02 G20 - Maui Blue - Sold - insurance sucks
93 NX2000 - Sapphire Blue + Power Package - Sold
91 NX2000 - White, plain jain - Sold
97 200SX - Project Car - Sold

http://www.chrisstorer.com
http://www.evilegg.com
MauiBlueGRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 08:55 AM   #3
poppy_morenito
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to poppy_morenito Send a message via Yahoo to poppy_morenito
I am Computer Support Engineer for Florida Power and Light. It's the electric company for the state of Florida. I help the computer challenged working for our company. I am an MCSE. (NT) working on my Windows 2000 certification.

In my previous lives I have taught A+ (computer repair) course, been a real estate agent and worked in a computer repair shop.

Now, an aspiring car mechanic ( just found out my car does not have a carberator ...lol )
poppy_morenito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 10:16 AM   #4
SkylinesKillAll
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to SkylinesKillAll Send a message via Yahoo to SkylinesKillAll
i work in the snack bar at a country club. make $9 an hour plus tips and all i do is sit there while the members give me their orders. all i gotta do is make drinks while the other 2 ppl slave over a hot stove. haha

:flamer: :monkeypis :bathroom::rocket: :badass:
SkylinesKillAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 10:42 AM   #5
b-b00gie
Banned

Send a message via AIM to b-b00gie
well i'm the Internet Coordinator for a Merrill Lynch Company. if anyone doesnt know, Merrill Lynch is a brokerage/securities firm (deal with stocks, etc...), they are rated Fortune #25 in the world which means there's only 24 other companys worldwide who are worth more than them.

basically i work for one of their divisions and i manage all aspects of their internet and intranet websites. everything from hardware, software, security, hiring webdesigners, working with developers for custom web applications, managing webmasters who make weekly content changes etc...

its pretty fun.. though i'm looking for a new job cause i'm way under paid!!!
b-b00gie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 12:02 PM   #6
enzo@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af
I'm still a student. I go to the U of O, and I'm premed. I plan on being a cardiac surgeon....perhaps just a cardiologist. Not quite sure if I want to go to school that much more. We'll see.
Old 06-02-2001, 12:25 PM   #7
ales
Forza Schumacher

I'm also still a student. I study English to become the teacher of English/philologist, I also have media and translation as my "second speciality". I don't have any job, what I do for some spare cash is either give private lessons of English, or do some translation. Used to write articles about F1, but they paid virtually shiet, so I quit that. So no DET/VET plans for me

P.S. this is my 100th post! Do I get a star for that or something?

Would love to resume my duties as AF's own official thread bastardizer!!!
1:29:53.435 || 207.316 || 310.596
ales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 12:54 PM   #8
thaa
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to thaa
I recently graduated from highschool and am currently applying for work. not so keen on studying for a long time, so, work a year or two and then see what happens...

------------------------
Do you like bananas? I got her number! Now, how do you like them bananas?
thaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 02:50 PM   #9
G-Forces
Banned

I work as a technical consultant for a VERY large consulting/development firm. 20k+ employees world wide the company has a better presence outside of America. We support large ERP/MRP packages and help with the logistics of moving very large manufacturing companies, Boeing, Honda, Siemens, etc, into these new software packages. I work with a package called Baan and do training, consulting, setup, administration, whatever the client wants. I'm basically a technical whore!
G-Forces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 06:22 PM   #10
AWD Primera
AF Regular

Im a student at the University of Auckland. Studying science and commerce. Majoring in Information Systems and Marketing.
AWD Primera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 09:50 AM   #11
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
I am an Analyst for Nelson Information, A Thomson Financial Co. Basically we have information on Money Managers Worldwide. Like Fidelity, Merrill Lynch, J. P. Morgan, etc. We track there performance, assets, investments and what not. I'm in the editing department in charge of 3 other departments including Sales, IS and Data Entry. It's pretty cool since it only gets busy towards the end of a quarter. Then I chill for 2 months and surf the net. woohoo

On the side, I'm beginning to take courses on becoming a Bail Bondsman or Bounty Hunter. My friend just became one and talked me into it. Seems pretty interesting career and you can make money.
Old 06-03-2001, 03:31 PM   #12
Koojo
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Koojo
I am currently in high school . I am moving on to 11th grade in the fall. I work at the Customer Service at a grociery store and also at a hospital for Patient Support Services. We do discharges, moving people (yes..we have to go in the morgue too), and all that stuff, mostly being around patients. But thanks to my parents, I was able to get the beatiful G20.
Koojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 09:44 PM   #13
JustinP10
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to JustinP10 Send a message via AIM to JustinP10 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinP10
Right now I'm a student, will be transferring to the University of Arizona next semester, looking at their MIS department. This year I went to a local community college to get a couple of the easy classes outta the way.
I also work at CompUSA. I've been there for quite a while now, I started there when I was 16 (I'm 19 now), bought my first G about a month after I started. Now I'm on my second G20, and I'm still working there. Pay is good, especially considering I'm still a student. I've worked in almost every department, mostly sales, but I've had training and experience pretty much everywhere.
I am going to be taking the A+ test in a couple weeks and I'm also in the process of obtaining my MCSE cert too, hopefully that'll help in the job search later.
143.7whp and 131.4 ft.lbs
Primera (10:1) Intake Cam, HS CAI, HS Header, UR Pullies, 19* Timing, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, GC/AGX, Pacesetter Short Shifter, and more stuff...
JustinP10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 01:12 AM   #14
dre
AF Enthusiast

What's with all these computer nerds?

I'm one too. I'm the network admin for a small aerospace company.
I am the IT Department. Anything and everything.
They paid for MCSE training (week-long day classes, and I got paid for the time!), which is cool.
Unfortunately my amazing talents don't sell products,
that's the sales dept that screwed up.
Now, the company is shutting down, and I'll be out of work in a couple months.
dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 11:36 AM   #15
Nismoboy1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Nismoboy1
I'm a Print Shop Operator for a company called Service Corporation International. I work in the Corporate Education department. All I do print stuff all day. Pays decent, but I'm always on the look-out for something with more pay

For Sale: 18" Gold Axis Se7en's and Eibach Pro-kits also for a G20 P11. Check the Infiniti G20 Classifieds Here

***My G20 - Click Here***
Nismoboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General