Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 12:01 PM   #1
1990Bimmer
AF Newbie

Question Engine Start-Up question

I have a 1990 325i 6 cylinder, auto, and after driving around and turning car off to let's say run into the store and then come back out to start it up, it does not turn over right away, kind of reminds me of a carb car vs. fuel injector car. Problem is not electrical related but seems to be fuel related. When I cold start the car it's fine. Only happens when driving around and stopping and turning off then restarting again within 5-10 minutes. Any ideas on this? Was wondering if fuel filter, oxygen sensor, not sure.
1990Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 05:33 PM   #2
BMWTECH
AF Regular

Hey, the problem you are having could be a couple of things. The first thing that comes to mind is the main relay. The main relay is located in the power distribution box located on the driver side fenderwell. It is either a silver color or white color. That is a common problem. I would go to the dealer and ask them for a main relay and match it up with the one in your vehicle. They changed colors through the years but I am pretty sure that yours is white. It should have a 3 digit number on the top of it also. Hope this helps.
BMWTECH is offline   Reply With Quote