Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Panoz > GTRA / GTWS / GTS
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 09:55 PM   #1
gosborne
AF Newbie

We've lost a friend...

For those of you who have been on this forum since the early days, you know who Gary Jones is. I'm sad to say that Gary passed away this past week from complications from cancer surgery. Gary was a friend and adviser to me and several on this forum. If you don't know Gary, search this forum to find out who he was and his contribution to the Panoz community. I've spent the last several years rebuilding/restoring a Panoz GT WC car that I bought from Gary several years ago and, was with him at Carolina Motorsports park for its first real shake down back in late May. We had planned to race the SVRA race at Mid Ohio together this coming week but unfortunately, he won't be there to see that. If you had the pleasure to know and work with Gary, you know the man and racer that he was, always willing to help and support us. He will be missed in this circle and, the vintage racing community. I'd ask that we all spare a thought for his family at this difficult time.

Panoz GT-WC #11 (build in progress)
74 Porsche 911 IROC replica
88 Porsche 944 Cup race car #12 (sold)
gosborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:37 AM   #2
cvbowers
AF Newbie

Re: We've lost a friend...

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:09 AM   #3
roadster1
AF Newbie

Re: We've lost a friend...

It was with great sadness that we learned of Gary's passing here at the Panoz factory. Over the years Gary become much more than a good client we dealt with often, he became a friend and a person we always looked up when we came to the track. Always fun to talk with him and always ready with the latest story on his car's. He was what grass root motor racing is all about and that knowledge and passion, like him will be sorely missed.
Our prayers are with his family, the staff at Panoz .

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Panoz > GTRA / GTWS / GTS