Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Panoz > GTRA / GTWS / GTS
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #16
Cobra4B
AF Enthusiast

Re: Power Steering Options for LS1 Conversion

Coilovers are made by a company called LG Motorsports who are big Corvette racers (raced ALMS) and tuners. They're a basic but robust setup using a non-adjustable spec'd bilstien shock and 700 lb springs all around. I chose them as they have a good reputation and I'd rather focus on driving than wondering if the shocks are dialed in.... the joke is if you have 11 settings, 10 of them are wrong

Car is all over the place, but makes for a rather exciting lap. Slick track + low fuel load (needed more weight over the rear). Lots of guys off pace this weekend complaining about lack of grip vs. earlier in the year... odd for sure as new pavement isn't supposed to slow down that quickly from what I've been told.

VIDEO - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGbr...ature=youtu.be

Pretty good new shot of the car..

Another fun part of the weekend was my student having a new C7 with the Z51 performance package. I got to drive it hard and it was awesome!

Oh and good news on the Panoz steering... Ditching the Sparco 350 (330 mm wheel) for the standard Panoz wheel gave a noticeable amount of extra leverage. Enough that Dad says power steering is off the table for now.
#4 Z06 - NASA ST3/TT3
Cobra4B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 03:18 AM   #17
NZGTRA17
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra4B View Post
Coilovers are made by a company called LG Motorsports who are big Corvette racers (raced ALMS) and tuners. They're a basic but robust setup using a non-adjustable spec'd bilstien shock and 700 lb springs all around. I chose them as they have a good reputation and I'd rather focus on driving than wondering if the shocks are dialed in.... the joke is if you have 11 settings, 10 of them are wrong

Car is all over the place, but makes for a rather exciting lap. Slick track + low fuel load (needed more weight over the rear). Lots of guys off pace this weekend complaining about lack of grip vs. earlier in the year... odd for sure as new pavement isn't supposed to slow down that quickly from what I've been told.

VIDEO - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGbr...ature=youtu.be

Pretty good new shot of the car..

Another fun part of the weekend was my student having a new C7 with the Z51 performance package. I got to drive it hard and it was awesome!

Oh and good news on the Panoz steering... Ditching the Sparco 350 (330 mm wheel) for the standard Panoz wheel gave a noticeable amount of extra leverage. Enough that Dad says power steering is off the table for now.
Know what you mean about adjustable shocks. I have put Penske 2 way adjustables in the car. They have 80 clicks of rebound adjustment and 22 of bump. Suffice to say it may take a bit of testing to get the best set up......

The 700lb springs are interesting Brian. That should have stiffened the car up a bit.

Yes, like the new Vettes and would love to have a skid in one. The new Z06 sounds the ticket.

Great to hear about your dads steering. Nothing like the least expensive fix working...

And no shortage of action in the vid that's for sure. Keep that up and I see a future in drifting for you Brian............!!

Kel.
Panoz GTRA #17
New Zealand

Last edited by NZGTRA17; 10-09-2014 at 03:40 AM. Reason: addition
NZGTRA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NZGTRA17 For This Useful Post:
Cobra4B (10-09-2014)
Old 10-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #18
Cobra4B
AF Enthusiast

Story of my weekend...

700lb springs are on the soft side for these cars. Many run 800s or 900s. The car is about 2850 wet w/o me in it, but I'm 270 at the moment so I run at a minimum comp weight of 3100 (car + driver).
#4 Z06 - NASA ST3/TT3
Cobra4B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cobra4B For This Useful Post:
NZGTRA17 (10-10-2014)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Panoz > GTRA / GTWS / GTS